WHY IS THE WEIGHT NOT COMING OFF?!?!?

Options
I am BEYOND frustrated. I weighed this morning and NOTHING, NO LOSS AT ALL. I haven't been losing for months. I don't know why the weight is going up. I work out 5-6 times a week, running, swimming, biking, strength training. I am in control of my calories, usually always within my goal. I have tried upping calories and that made me gain. What do I do? I am desperate. Shakes, pills, what???? I need help.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Not enough info to say. Diary is not open. You don't look like you have much too lose, which makes it harder.
  • sphillippe20
    sphillippe20 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will change my diary. I am about 15 pounds heavier than my lowest weight after my loss. I want that back off and everything I try doesn't work.
  • Jltaylor1971
    Jltaylor1971 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you look like you do in the picture you posted you don't need to lose any weight! You look awesome - in a bikini too! Seriously what you weigh now? How tall are you? What do you want to weigh?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh & measure all your food?
  • sphillippe20
    Options
    I am 5'4 140lbs
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring and weighing everything you eat and tracking it? Short of a medical problem I can only assume that you're eating more than you think.
  • sphillippe20
    Options
    I try to measure mostly everything. Even if I am eating a little more, I am ALWAYS under calories after exercise. I do have PCOS and I am currently going through hormones and fertility to try and have a baby.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I try to measure mostly everything. Even if I am eating a little more, I am ALWAYS under calories after exercise. I do have PCOS and I am currently going through hormones and fertility to try and have a baby.

So does this mean you are eating back your calories you burn? If so, you may be overestimating your calorie burn. What is your TOTAL calorie level?
    Also, if you have PCOS, you will most likely need to lower your carb levels and stay away from simple processed sugars and grains. It really does make a difference for us.

ETA If you are on fertility meds to get pregnant, then you will have a very hard time losing at this point. I was on Clomid for 3 months before my first child and they didn't tell me I would gain weight on it. I gained 30 pounds in that 3 months. YIKES!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Try to measure?

Your dairy isn't open so there's not much more advice that can be offered.
  • sphillippe20
    Options
    I opened it. I am not eating back exercise calories. I tried that too for a month and nothing...
  • _dinorah
    _dinorah Posts: 11
    Options
    Sounds to me that you're losing fat and gaining muscle. Yea; only advice I can give is to record your measurements.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Other than the scale, are you keeping track of your progress in other ways? Photos, measurements, etc. Because I'm up about 15 pounds from my lowest weight, too, but since I'm wearing the same size and look better in photos, I don't care about the scale.

Also, I have to think the hormones your taking have to have SOME effect on things. I have friends and family who've taken hormones for fertility problems, and the roller coaster that put them through made PMS seem like a merry-go-round.
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The treatment will make you gain weight as other posters have said. At 140lbs you're hardly very overweight (I got to 140 at one stage and am the same height as you and people I knew thought I was ill !!) If I were you I'd just keep doing what your doing and concentrate your energy on the fertility treatments which are FAR more important.
  • sphillippe20
    Options
    I didn't know that Clomid causes weight gain. The past two months while taking it I have gained the most weight. That does make me feel a little better knowing it isn't something I am doing wrong. I did take measurements about 2 months ago and three week later lost 12 1/2 inches but zero pounds. I haven't measured since then though. I know that I am in shape, training for a triathlon and a half marathon kind of make it impossible not to be. I guess I just need to focus more on doing what I'm doing and not worry about the scales until after all of this fertility stuff I over.
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    Your diary still isn't open, but I would guess that the hormone treatments you are going thru is the main culprit. They also mess with your emotions big time, so the desperation and panic you are feeling now is probably coming from the hormones. Trust me, I remember well what a nutcase I turned into at the time.
    You are at a healthy weight at this time to begin a pregnancy. If you watch your calories in the beginning, you can go 4-6 months without gaining any weight. Just make sure you get sufficient nutrients and calories to support the pregnancy. But you are NOT eating for two yet, since the baby is so tiny in the first 2 trimesters! lol

I would suggest you look into a High Fat Low Carb or a Paleo/Primal diet plan, as many women with PCOS have great results with those. Be sure your check with your doctor before making drastic changes. The Primal plan is like Paleo, but it allows dairy, which you will need for your baby to come.

Then try to relax. I know it is stressful trying to conceive, but stress makes it even harder. Take some time to relax and do some things you enjoy. It will happen. :flowerforyou:
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    I didn't know that Clomid causes weight gain. The past two months while taking it I have gained the most weight. That does make me feel a little better knowing it isn't something I am doing wrong. I did take measurements about 2 months ago and three week later lost 12 1/2 inches but zero pounds. I haven't measured since then though. I know that I am in shape, training for a triathlon and a half marathon kind of make it impossible not to be. I guess I just need to focus more on doing what I'm doing and not worry about the scales until after all of this fertility stuff I over.

Sounds like a plan!
  • ngibson167
    Options
    with all the exercise you are going you are turning the fat into muscle I am pretty much at that point now I know it can get frustrating but keep at it will turn around or at least that is what my trainer keeps telling me
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd just keep doing what your doing and concentrate your energy on the fertility treatments which are FAR more important.

What she said. Having been through extensive fertility treatments myself over the course of many years, keep doing what you're doing but keep your eyes on the prize. All those heavy duty fertility drugs are going to mess with your system. Your body is not behaving normally right now; it's focused on other things. It's already a stressful enough process to go through. Please try not to add more stress by focusing so much on your weight, especially when you're already in a perfectly healthy zone. I totally understand your desire to be at the weight you want to be; nothing wrong with that. But right now might not be the right time to put so much focus and energy there.

Wishing you all the best of success with your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    the hormones can be causing weight gain or weight loss stall. Also, the closer you get to your goal, the harder it is to lose. I'm there right now. IF you are doing everything right (calories in/calories out), exercise and not going over - then just keep doing what you are doing. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    If you are training for a triathlon and half marathon you should be eating your exercise cals back. It sounds like you want to lower your bodyfat a little, not actually lose more weight.