Any swimmers out there?

Options
Did a quick scan on some boards to look for a group but do not see anything. I just recently rediscovered my love for swimming laps at the local pool. Would love reconnect with other swimmers.

Oops! Never mind; just found a group. Can't delete this post.

Replies

• drbskinny
    drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was a swimmer from age 10 through most of college. I got a little burnt out after so many practices, but am looking to get back into it myself :smile:
    Others who are in a similar boat would probably help to get my butt back in the water!
  • KimATX
    KimATX Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me too! I get to exercise and NOT sweat!
  • sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love swimming, take my kids twice a week and go at least once a week myself. I find it's really great for clearing my mind, never mind the calories.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I usually just swim in my backyard pool and paddle around. We're leaving for vacation on the 5th and they have a big pool with hours for laps, so I'll be there. I'm joining a gym in the fall that has a huge pool & I think they do water aerobics classes too. I never swam as a sport in school or anything, but I am all for sweat-free workouts! You get a lot of calorie burn for your buck, too!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I usually just swim in my backyard pool and paddle around. We're leaving for vacation on the 5th and they have a big pool with hours for laps, so I'll be there. I'm joining a gym in the fall that has a huge pool & I think they do water aerobics classes too. I never swam as a sport in school or anything, but I am all for sweat-free workouts! You get a lot of calorie burn for your buck, too!
    [/quote

You'll LOVE the water aerobics classes!!! I do those at the Y. LOVE them!!! Be sure to bring water with you and leave it on the side of the pool (on the deck). Not a lot of people do, but I need it.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did a quick scan on some boards to look for a group but do not see anything. I just recently rediscovered my love for swimming laps at the local pool. Would love reconnect with other swimmers.

Oops! Never mind; just found a group. Can't delete this post.

Could you pls post the link to the group, I am interested too. Was a swimmer when younger and I just got back to it when starting exercising after years of inactivity. Was the easiest way for me, swimming remains my fav sport.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I swim four or five times a week at the moment. Normally do one to two hours of lengths in each session.
  • sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do 1000m trying to get faster but my favorite thing to do is swim as far as possible underwater...
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I chose swimming as my exercise back in February, but it was sporadic until about April. Now I get to swim every day. I love it. My skin is so soft from swimming and my body is changing for the better.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have been a swimmer all my life. I spent 5-7 days a week in the pool from age 8 till 23..then I got pretty burnt out...I wasn't going to be going to the olympics..I lhad spent so many years training but my fastest wasn't fast enough.

I have gone back to swimming in spurts over the last 10 years but want to get back into it more again. Anyone feel free to 'friend' me as i am making it my goal to swim 2-3 times a week along with the lifting I have been doing the last few months. I typically like to do 40 (25 meter) laps of free style and then 10 or so breast stroke and then do some arms only and flutter board. I'll work on improving my times ones I sort out how slow I am these days ha ha.