Lose Together Or Gain Alone

Options
mat60s
mat60s Posts: 10 Member
Hi I'm new here and looking to make friends to fight this weight battle together and WIN.. Let's be each others success, each others drill sergeant (push each other to the limit) face our demons and take control. Express how we feel and help support one another. We will do this! Let's lose together instead of gaining alone! In me you have a motivator, anyone can add me.. best of luck!

Replies

• succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea we can do this!
  • mat60s
    Options
    Thanks, I think it's more successful when you have others pulling at the other end of the rope giving you that challenge you need and a lot more fun when your doing it together than doing it alone!. Congrats on your 35 lb. lost that's awesome and yes we can do it! :)
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yes we can do this!!!
  • shortssoon
    Options
    i have no idea what I am doing yet but look forward to losing together
  • peekslady
    peekslady Posts: 2
    Options
    Well I am on day 2 and ended up going over calories a little yesterday. That is ok, because I have just begun. I am having a hard time with getting started. I think this group is great working together with others and seeing that we all have struggles. Hard to do it all alone and getting motivated. I am sure once I can get this all figured out it will get easier as I go along. Glad to be here.
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in a good place right now, attempting to pull all the little things I've been doing this past year (1.5 years?) into one big successful thing. Motivation is ALWAYS welcome, so feel free to add me ^_^

LET'S DO THIS THING!! ^_~
  • Giggleegoos
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new too...just looking forward to losing the first 10 pounds. I've been tracking my food for the past 2-3 weeks and I haven't lost a pound, actually gained three. Most days I stay within the 1440 calorie limit but I haven't been exercising because I'm recovering from knee surgery. Now that the knee is feeling more stable, I'm starting a walking regimen today.
  • mat60s
    Options
    Oh dear this post is long; I notice when I drink lots of water I eat less, eat healthier foods and become more active. At the moment I'm making crazy trips to the bathroom but I know if I continue drinking lots of water throughout the day everyday the trips will eventually become less and more normal. So guys drink lots of water and continue to do so..

I wont say this weigh loss journey wont be a bumpy ride but together we can achieve our goals, take it one day at a time and we will get there ..

Those who don't like to drink water start by drinking 1 glass a day, 2 glasses the next, 3 the following and so on. If you got in 10 minutes of exercise today do 20 min tomorrow, 30 min the next and so on! even if you start with house chores, marching in place or even dancing to your favourite song , as long as you stay active your good to go. As time goes by you will find a comfortable and steady routine that works for you. Remember every effort you make counts.

If you don't like exercising like me (: you can start with like (mentioned above) house chores, walking your/neighbours/friends dog every effort counts. Since I've been logging everyday for the past 5 days I find myself more motivated and wanting to move forward and not look back. Visit each others page for support and leave feed back, participate in challenges! people here are nice and very supportive.. If you can login everyday for motivation.

I will be doing body wraps starting tomorrow another reason I'm drinking lot's of water I want to lose fat and inches keep drinking lot's of water, have a daily exercise routine continue eating healthy so I can keep off those lbs. and inches I lose. It's doable if you stay on top of your game! Will let you guys know how it' goes, body wraps work for both men and women.. for those not familiar If interested ask away.. Come on guys lets get with the program! Yes we can do this and we will! Remember every little effort you make counts! LET'S DO THIS!
  • RoseBlossom29
    RoseBlossom29 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. i'm in (:. i've been on here for 70 days now and i tell you guys it pays to stick to it. Don't give up and don't stop logging even if you mess up a bit.
  • crownedether
    crownedether Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    when i drink lots of water i go to the bathroom lots.. it doesn't decrease in frequency unfortunately... i like it though, free mini-breaks from my day courtesy of my bladder :P

also after awhile if you don't drink enough water you start to feel it... which is good, because your body is now helping you stay healthy by actively craving water. its a happy addiction.
  • mat60s
    Options
    @Giggle I hope you have a speedy knee recovery, take it easy ok.. you will get there! Yes water is the best cleanser for the body inside out!
  • nabeel_234
    Options
    Hi people my wt. was 89 kilo when I started my diet and exercise program I have lost 5 kilos now my current wt. is 84 kg. My target is 69-71 kg. I think all of us should know how to calculate our BMI. And should also know how to calculate what are ideal weight should be. Easy way to find how right BMI our Ideal wt. is to simply search on google. Then just simply use this revolutionary software my fitness pal on your android phone. Best of luck every body
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    well said. I'm nearly 3 weeks in and am leaning so much from other people and there is so much support from everyone
  • mosy04
    mosy04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Were with u all the way x
  • Tooder
    Tooder Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too! I've been on mfp for 6 weeks now. I've changed a lot of my ways in those six weeks. Lets ad each other as friends to keep up with our progress!
  • mat60s
    Options
    Hi everyone dropping a few lines to see how everyone is holding up and tell you not to give up, something I have to tell myself everyday! Not sure about my scale but seems I lost 2 more lbs so I'm hyped probably water but I rather see the scale go down than up! Let's get this ball Rollingggg guys and burn baby burn! I'm here if you all need me in fact we should all go for a power walk who ever prefers to bike riding or jogging lets all go together! (: let me know how your all doing! Looking forward to burning more calories today than I did yesterday! Have an excellent day guys! Remember to drink lots of water and get your 30minutes of exercise cause "No Pain No Gain" ..
  • peekslady
    peekslady Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello haven't stopped by in awhile. But you all are doing so great. I have finally lost a pound after 2 weeks. Been in a little slump but will get over it. Just can't seem to get motivated. Can not wait to get this heart monitor off. Walking would help greatly. again just can't get motivated. But you all are doing great keep up the good work. You are my motivators.