Wedding today .... Advice please

Options
Hey. I have a wedding to go to this afternoon. There is going to be tons of food and it is all delicious...I know the cook. Looking for advice ... Do I fast till the wedding or eat a little today. What works for others? I will be doing extra cardio today too. Thank goodness it is a dry wedding. that takes away 1 temptation.

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit less than normal during the day so you're not starving later and overdo, exercise more as you planned already, and enjoy within reason. If you go over a bit, don't stress about it, but just get back to normal tomorrow. And enjoy the wedding!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Enjoy the day and enjoy everybody there. That would be my first priority.

What I do: I eat a healthy meal beforehand so I'm not hungry at all, then eat something small and eat it as slowly as possible so there is always something on my plate. I'm a food addict and find it hard to eat in moderation, so this works for me.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'd say eat s light breakfast then enjoy the wedding just in smaller portions. Have fun
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Load your plate with the low-calorie stuff (veggies, fresh fruit) and small portions of the rest. Then back away from the table and socialize a lot. I always save room for a piece of cake, though.
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Eat a little throughout the day... otherwise you will be starving and feel like you deserve to eat everything you see!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You're working out? Then just add those cals to wedding time. If you think you're gonna kill it at the wedding maybe shave off a little cals from BF and Dinner and all 3 snacks. But don't fast until then. You might pass out or pig out. Both would be bad. Finally, if you end up going over, you still have tomorrow to workout some more.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have a wedding to go to this afternoon. There is going to be tons of food and it is all delicious...I know the cook. Looking for advice ... Do I fast till the wedding or eat a little today. What works for others? I will be doing extra cardio today too. Thank goodness it is a dry wedding. that takes away 1 temptation.

My advice is to enjoy the wedding!! Try your best to make good choices but keep in mind that it is only ONE meal, event, etc. I wouldn't sweat it too much if you did go over this ONE time as long as you get back on track after the wedding....
  • deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I know I am going to something like a wedding, get together, dinner theater, etc. I always eat a little less during the day and do more cardio that day. Then I eat smaller portions and more veggies/fruit.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit less than normal during the day so you're not starving later and overdo, exercise more as you planned already, and enjoy within reason. If you go over a bit, don't stress about it, but just get back to normal tomorrow. And enjoy the wedding!

No more need be said. THIS.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, be kind to yourself! It's a wedding! They don't happen every day. This is the real world, you have to be able to live life, and you're there to celebrate someone's big day - so if you eat too much pastry, or find you can't resist the cream on the dessert, it won't derail you! And surely it's part of your gift to the happy couple, sharing in their joy and partaking of their wedding feast to celebrate with them! One day isn't going to suddenly reverse all your hard work. And if you survive the wedding and come home inside your calorie limits, it's a bonus! :smile:
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    And dance those calories away at the wedding. Just another reasson to dance and have tons of fun at a wedding.

When I go to wedding I eat just like everyone those, but I dance a lot so except the next day bloathing, I seem not to gain anything. And weddings usually have all kinds of dances, for all ages and tastes, so it is easy to find the tune.
  • Antof9
    Antof9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In general, I work out most days. But if I'm going to a restaurant for a meal -- any meal -- I make SURE I work out that day, AND if possible, the day after. I'd count a wedding as going out for sure, so be sure you have a good workout this morning, and definitely don't starve yourself. Eat healthily and have something like carrots or a banana before you walk out the door for the wedding. Arriving starving is the worst possible thing you could do! Enjoy the food, and drink a lot of water. Only have alcohol if you must - you know the cook, after all; not the vintner.

Enjoy the wedding! And then tomorrow when you get up, work out and don't beat yourself up over any real or perceived choices you made today. This is one day and one wedding. In the grand scheme of things, its importance is only to your friends tying the knot :)
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I agree make sure you have had your breakfast ....and possibly have a small healthy snack before going :) then you won't be soooo hungry while your standing next to all that food ...enjoy the wedding one day is not going to pack pounds back on but you should still maintain control and be healthy about it !! Enjoy in moderation !! We all have to make space for parties !!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

the only thing worse then this is a cash bar at a wedding.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Eat a little today so that you're not starving at the wedding (or you'll be more likely to consume everything in sight!) but try and keep it low cal so you have extra room for the sorts of things you wouldn't eat/drink regularly.