I've platued and I don't care, and this is why...

Options
So I'm coming up on my 110th day. I've lost 58lbs. The way it started falling off at the beginning I thought I'd be at my goal weight by now. I have another 40ish to go. Over the last few weeks the weight loss hasn't done much. I don't care though. I love the way I'm eating now. I have the occasional french fry or mozzarella stick, I drink when the opportunity arises. I'm still hitting the elliptical hard most days. Two days ago I did 80mins straight. I'm getting to the bottom of the pile of clothes in my closet and dresser. I'm fitting into stuff I haven't in 5+years. People I haven't seen in months have to do a double take and see if it is really me. So basically as long as I"m maintaining til I break through the plateau I'm fine with it. Keep smiling and eating right peeps!!

Replies

• startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options
    I hit my plateau a few weeks ago so I've been feeling kind of down. I hope to get to your state of mind soon so I can enjoy my mid-loss victory! :) I think the point is to just keep trying and not get discouraged at this point..
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    So I'm coming up on my 110th day. I've lost 58lbs. The way it started falling off at the beginning I thought I'd be at my goal weight by now. I have another 40ish to go. Over the last few weeks the weight loss hasn't done much. I don't care though. I love the way I'm eating now. I have the occasional french fry or mozzarella stick, I drink when the opportunity arises. I'm still hitting the elliptical hard most days. Two days ago I did 80mins straight. I'm getting to the bottom of the pile of clothes in my closet and dresser. I'm fitting into stuff I haven't in 5+years. People I haven't seen in months have to do a double take and see if it is really me. So basically as long as I"m maintaining til I break through the plateau I'm fine with it. Keep smiling and eating right peeps!!

You "get it"!!

Congratulations on your current weight loss and continued success!!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    that is a lot really fast- congrats. It must be great to be a guy!
  • bacosamariechristine
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I love my elliptical. Have you tried using weight watchers mozzarella sticks wrapped in a egg roll wrapper and baking them. They are awesome.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so for. You're right though..we will hit that plateau and it shouldn't bring us down..we need to keep going with our heads held high.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as plateau, unless u mean "a very slow progress" then yes. im experiencing that too
  • epros39
    epros39 Posts: 17
    Options
    one of the best messages i've read so far on the message board... way to keep it real and honest! i'm currently going through the same. to be honest, i've been running my *kitten* off this past week while eating the same foods and my weight has remained the same. i figured something was going on because i've been losing steady since i joined mfp this year. i won't sweat it because i've never lost this much weight before and kept it off this long in my adult life. losing has been so contagious. i've changed my weight goals at least 3 times after accomplishing the old ones. keep trucking!!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    well said!! I'm hitting a plateau only 2lbs to goal and at first I was gutted but in reality I have come one hell of a long way 103lbs loss to be exact, so I think stressing over 2lbs is really not worth it :@)
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as plateau, unless u mean "a very slow progress" then yes. im experiencing that too

depends on who's theory you go by, it has been proved medically your body can settle at a healthy weight, emotional and psychological factors can push you to go too far and cause eating disorders tho
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Agree! I've lost 46 lbs and have 1 lb to go to healthy weight. :happy:

These last few lbs have taken AGES, but I'm still going down - a lb just takes a fortnight now! :noway:

But I feel fantastic! :flowerforyou: I have set my goal at 4 lbs away as I have read that at 63 I shouldn't aim too low for bone health etc. My health is good now and I am fit. I eat wonderful food, about 1700 a day and exercise off 400. I rarely feel hungry apart from just before my meal which makes me enjoy it all the more.:laugh:

So phooey to the plateau, slow weight loss, or whatever you want to call it.. I have been on this for over a year and will be on it for LIFE! :heart: :drinker:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options

This is about the only time I've seen this opinion. Plateaus are a well-established fact of the weight loss process.

Anyway, great attitude and congratuations to the original poster.
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts peeps... Have a great week!!