how does this friend thing work?

Options
cnr0905
cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
new to this friend thing....hows it work? id like a friend.

Replies

• operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    you can either friend request someone or people friend request you :) They support you through your milestones, your accomplishments, and your bad days or choices. You will also sometimes find friends who support you in non fitness related things as well :) Its nice, better than facebook :)
  • cnr0905
    Options
    never got into facebook neither so its pretty new to me.
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well friends work the way you want them to work. I can only really tell you my experience with MFP friends. I started about 3-4 months ago, and needed a little positive reinforcement and a little "nudge" for motivation. Having my friends on MFP has helped me out and get me out of a funk when things aren't going well. I can recommend a few people if you're interested.

I for one, like to be as honest to my friends as possible; as a result I keep my diary public (you can see it now if you want to). That scares some people, and I'm not saying that you have to, but that way if I'm having an issue I can ask people to look into it and let me know what I did wrong that week. You've taken a good first step, cnr0905 by posting that you'd like a friend on MFP. It'll help you out in the long run and you'll get that extra encouragement.
  • cnr0905
    Options
    thanks for the help...
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    No problem ;)
  • AnakalikaRN
    Options
    OMG, I loooooove my friends on here! Rule #1, never send a blank FR, it will most likely get denied....be interactive at least once a week. Some friends stay, some go, some you remove...Some you meet for drinks, run the zombie run with, travel to Vegas to meet and book a cruise....well, that's me anyhow....I have met some, plan to meet more. I hate FB and love this site because I can be me, and if you don't like me, leave...once you FR someone and they accept then you have props to assess their FL....really, this is a fantastic website...not only helps you rich your goals, but you get to have fun doing to by making friends :).
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You add someone and then proceed to annoy the heck out of them. By commenting on every posts, statuses, updates and diary entries. And also by making multiple statuses about ice creams yourself. And bacon. And pizza. And cakes. And lasagna. And everything drool-worthy.

Just kidding. Kind of.

Basically, you add someone so that you have extra motivation, inspiration, encouragement and some companionship in this journey. You get what you give. And you may get some amazing friendships out of it too. :flowerforyou:
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your explanations. I've never gotten into FB either, and I know I miss some good and useful things there but I also skip a lot of drama.

Friending here sounds much more my style. :smile:
  • jenniferwoodweeg
    jenniferwoodweeg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have the app version of mfp. I couldn't see community or do friend req on that. Only thru FB or E-mail. Had to use online version to do friend req. here is a great place to start. i just req people who were nice enough to answer my topic I had posted.