I'm a food diary stalker

Options
stevepax
stevepax Posts: 86 Member
Yes, I admit, I browse through all of your food diaries. I'm not judging you, I'm looking for recipes and meal ideas! Sometimes it's fun to see a whole giant long list of ingredients posted for breakfast that I can read through until it finally clicks, "Oh, they had a fancy omelet for breakfast!" And then I have a new idea of what to put in an omelet.

And sometimes, it's fun to see what crazy stuff some of you eat for different meals. A nice bowl of hot macaroni and cheese... for breakfast? Awesome.

Anyone else do this?

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    And sometimes, it's fun to see what crazy stuff some of you eat for different meals. A nice bowl of hot macaroni and cheese... for breakfast? Awesome.

There is nothing wrong with macaroni and cheese for breakfast! :D

(says the person who had chicken and rice for breakfast)
  • alheimurinn
    alheimurinn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love doing this, love getting new ideas and just having a general nose around.
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love your post. I recently made my diary private because people were getting judgy towards me in their comments about what I was eating or my calorie intake being under my goal. I'm simply just not hungry for more food! Your post made me laugh. Thanks!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm not a diary snooper. It's not my business what other people eat. I don't care if you look at mine though.
  • Stargrace2
    Stargrace2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do this, all of the time. I leave my diary open and I admit, I browse through what others eat and look at my list and some times it makes me laugh at how different we all are. I love it. I wouldn't leave comments about it because it`s none of my business what people put into their mouths (unless they ask my advice specifically) but that doesn't mean I don't like to browse.
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I food stalk so hard! Thanks for making me feel like less of a creep!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I agree, I don't read food journals to be judgmental, I use it to get meal and snack ideas.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I look in others diarys all the time for new ideas.
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I look at some but I would never pass judgement on anyones I like getting new ideas
  • 2horsestoride
    2horsestoride Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yep. I just stalked yours and am laughing about yesterday's breakfast/dinner combo. :)
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love to read food journals -- no judgments, just love to get ideas. I love to cook and eat and use good ingredients and like to share what I am doing. I try and create my own recipes most days and never mind sharing them.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I like looking through. I'm seriously just genuinely curious about what people eat because sometimes I run out of ideas and wonder about other people's eating habits.
  • stevepax
    stevepax Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yep. I just stalked yours and am laughing about yesterday's breakfast/dinner combo. :)

Hah, yes, sometimes my meals get logged in funny places. The Cheerios were actually a late night snack, because I was hungry, but I logged it on dinner because that's just where it landed. :)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    just made mine public - maybe that'll encourage me to keep up with it....

anyhow, i am always disappointed when i look at the 1200 calorie diaries - seriously, i'd go mad hungry and start chewing on the couch, or other random objects. especially if people log 1200 and then exercise it all off...

but yeah, i quit creating recipes - i never cook anything the same twice... so i usually end up logging a list of ingredients. salad dressing can be quite puzzling too ;-p
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's fun to see a whole giant long list of ingredients posted for breakfast that I can read through until it finally clicks, "Oh, they had a fancy omelet for breakfast!"
    LOL! I'm not anal enough to do that. I just look for 'omelet' or something.

I'm with you though, I love looking at people's diaries.

The only time I feel judgy is when people are consistently eating 800 cals a day. But that's as much worried, as judgy. The only time i comment is when people have something awesome (like fresh caught fish!) or to ask about a beer I've never heard of...
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just need a new idea. And sometimes it's fun to see what people in different parts of the world eat on a regular basis. I have friends in the UK or in Australia, and sometimes I actually have to Google some of their diary entries. Mostly it's a name-brand thing, but still it's fun to see.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i don't mind my diary being stalked, but i do find it a little weird (and maybe flattering) when people comment on it. Like "those muffins sounded yummy"

i wonder sometimes if people wonder how my food went together like flour, eggs, cabbage, onions, hp sauce and mayonaise. That's a meal for me, but what did it do?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    i don't mind my diary being stalked, but i do find it a little weird (and maybe flattering) when people comment on it. Like "those muffins sounded yummy"

i wonder sometimes if people wonder how my food went together like flour, eggs, cabbage, onions, hp sauce and mayonaise. That's a meal for me, but what did it do?

homemade pasta? I am curious now too.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I do to get more ideas on what to eat.: I miss the days of cold pizza for breakfast.:blushing:
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love your post. I recently made my diary private because people were getting judgy towards me in their comments about what I was eating or my calorie intake being under my goal. I'm simply just not hungry for more food! Your post made me laugh. Thanks!

Don't make it private just unfriend the people that judged you!