How to track Exercise DVDs ?

Options
Hi everyone, I am new and I like to know how I can track my exercise time if I use a dvd? I like Beach-Body. Thanks for your help. :)

Replies

• KyliexBird
    Options
    it depends on which one you are trying to track.

which one are you using?
  • mwpagano
    mwpagano Posts: 19
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor. After your session just create the exercise with your time and calorie count. I do P90X so I wear my monitor even when lifting weights. Example: Today I did back and biceps. My HRM at the end of 50 minutes said 563 cals. So I created the excercise "P90X - Back and Bisceps". Hope this helps :)
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    If you did, say a 40 minute DVD, I'd record it as 40 mins of "Aerobics - low impact." Although personally I tend to record it as 30 minutes so I don't accidentally add too many calories to my daily limit, as the calories burned is just a rough estimate.
  • 19marie74
    Options
    I had the same question. I do the "Walk away teh Pounds" by Leslie Sansone both the 3 and 4 mile. Plus I like doing the "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels. And "The Biggest Loser" cardio max DVD's. I have been trying to do two of the vidoes a day. I didn't know what kind of exercise to put them under so I have been logging them as general aerobics. I figured that it would be better than nothing. I keep track of my start and stop times. I use a stopwatch for that.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Wear a HR monitior because everyone is different. When I do P90X I have a hard time getting 500 caloriea burned. So Look into one. I wear on when I do my DVDs so that is how I gage mine. Polarusa.com. You need a HR with a chest strap not just the watch. Again age height and current weight will make a difference on how many calories that you burn. Ideally you want to try to get 500 caloires burned in that 60 min or close to it. If I dont hit it I do a little more to get it. Good luck
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor. After your session just create the exercise with your time and calorie count. I do P90X so I wear my monitor even when lifting weights. Example: Today I did back and biceps. My HRM at the end of 50 minutes said 563 cals. So I created the excercise "P90X - Back and Bisceps". Hope this helps :)

Wow, I am jealous. I can only burn about 250-300 doing weights. :(
  • susan7047
    Options
    19marie74- I also do the Walk away the pounds DVD. I have been counting it under walking 4.0 miles per hour. If you do the 30 minute DVD you complete 2 miles in 30 minutes so I figured that would be accurate. Wow- I didn't know she had a 4 mile DVD...I have only done the 2 & 3 mile.
  • ddpmkrupa
    ddpmkrupa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me!
  • 19marie74
    Options
    The 4 mile DVD is the Walk away the Pounds Express. It comes with a stretchie band. Its a 4 mile super challenge. It takes almost an hour to do. I timed it with my phone on a stopwatch.