Do you have to hit 1200 calories?

Options
I am 18 years old 5'5 and I used to weigh 148 untill i started MFP now iI weigh 143. My goal is 135 and I have been using MFP for a few months now but didnt know there was more to it than just putting in what you eat until recently,.

My calorie intake used to be 1420 a day but I could never hit that I would always have about 300 to 400 calories left for the day. I still lost a few pounds though but recently gained some back somehow

Now I changed my profile and am supposed to be eating 1200 calories a day. Today was my first day eating the 1200 calories but i still didn't hit it i have bout 45 calories left so do you have to get to 1200 calories every day or can you have a few (like 50) calories left. because I mean you never know if you are actually eating the EXACT calories it tells you are when it comes to meals and restaurant meals right? i don't know. I just want to know if I am OK.

Also I dont want to be judged on this part but I am going to ask anyways because I want your advice on it. I am taking these garcinia cambogia pills they help suppress appetite and apparently stop fat from forming I started taking the pills around the time that I started MFP and I have lost weight and gained weight off and on but I am looking slimmer. At least thats what people have told me so I don't know what is helping me loose weight the pills or this app! im wondering if i should stop taking them because honestly they really do work and if i wasnt forcing myself to eat because i am not hungry i know i would be eating way under my calorie intake and i know that is not good so please help! Thank you!!

Also I don't know if my on and off weight gain is muscle or just fat? I exercise and have started to use weights so im hoping its muscle

Replies

• christiandjoel
    christiandjoel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Hun! You're not eating enough. You definitely shouldn't be taking pills either, but my guess is that you already know all this. Your weight seems great where you are at...I think u should focus on the weights & toning, as opposed to weight loss. A question to ask yourself is WHY do u feel like u gotta weigh 135lbs? Do u think all your insecurities about your body may go away? Do u think fireworks will go off when u hit that number? Im telling you that happiness lies within you. . Its not a number on the scale & no person can make u happy either. I'd focus on all the awesomeness of your body & build on that even more with weights. Here's a calculator that I follow for food
  • michaelashae
    Options
    Hi thank you!! You opened my eyes to something new I just want to be slimmer basically that's why I am trying to loose weight but thank you for the link I am checking it out now!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    In general, you want to average no less than 1200 calories per day, but it's o.k. to be a little under on some days and a little over on other days.
  • nrida
    nrida Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the site :)
  • christiandjoel
    christiandjoel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are you on Facebook at all? If so, check out Go Kaleo. She has a web page too......prob gokaleo.com. :) She weighs about 170lbs and is a size 4. Its not about the scale number.