Almost through my 1st Day!

Options
I am almost through my first day of change! I am 29, 5'4", 216 lbs, my calorie goal is 1200 per day. I have had breakfast and lunch and have used approx 900 calories. I am planning a grilled chicken salad dinner. I actually worked out for the first time in probably 10 years today, did Zumba for 30 whole minutes, I am so proud! I know that it is only day 1, but tomorrow is day 2 and so on and so on. I got emotional a little bit ago thinking about how easy but yet hard this was. I have felt great today, not starving, actually full, and teared up a little. I can't believe I allowed myself to get to this, but now I know how to make it all change.

Replies

• coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    congrats on your 1st day and best of luck on your journey-YOU GOT THIS!!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Well done on your first day! Keep up the good work. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    This is the first day of your new lifestyle. I truly think making the commitment to change is half the battle, if not more! Welcome to MFP, you will most likely make many friends here...some will be very active in supporting you. For me, it has made a huge difference!
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! With your attitude, it will happen!
  • idabentley
    idabentley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations they say a journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step! Why the huge weight loss goal? Why not start with a smaller achievable goal to get from say obese to overweight and then review you goal? That way you can maintain a sense of achievement and mastery!
  • elliejellie333
    Options
    Congratulations!! You've done the hardest bit, starting your journey. You can do this :)
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic :) Good luck with the rest!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It gets easier believe me. Good luck.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Every day is only one day! But it's a whole day, and you're on your way now! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • ncbeachprincess
    Options
    Congratulations they say a journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step! Why the huge weight loss goal? Why not start with a smaller achievable goal to get from say obese to overweight and then review you goal? That way you can maintain a sense of achievement and mastery!

I started with such a huge goal because I have set smaller, short term goals, to only lose a little weight and not work anymore. It's a mindset with me. I set this long-term huge weight loss goal, but everyday, I have small goals to achieve, I have daily and long-term, there is no in between for me.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first day of your (much better) life!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Yay!

I'm excited for you!

Congrats on day one!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I set five pound goals for myself because I can't focus on the long road. You can friend me if you like, I will be glad to be supportive.

Enjoy the journey!!
  • Kyllosis
    Kyllosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :D
    Well done, keep it up!
  • fmr1960
    fmr1960 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you! I wish you much success! Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck!:smile:
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first day! Each day is a new one!!! Best of luck!