I need to do this.

Options
I hope this will be the last diet sight I ever join. I have tried to do this with family and on my own but it never seems to last. I need lots of support (the kind that tells me to move my butt and drop the cookies). Here we go!

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Move your butt and drop the cookies! Welcome and good luck! :D
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its not a diet, you have to change your lifestyle.. just keep in mind when you eat, can I eat this way forever...
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Move your butt and make your own HEALTHY cookies! Just substitute organic whole grain stuff in the place of all those empty carbs! Good luck!!!
  • GULLETT
    GULLETT Posts: 7
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS.....DON'T LOOK @ IT AS A DIET, LOOK AT IT AS A "LIFESTYLE CHANG".....THIS SITE IS AWSOME!!!!!! TONS OF SUPPORT.....FRIEND ME AND I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU....IT'S ALL ABOUT KEEPING TRACK OF EVERY SINGLE MORSEL THAT CROSSES YOUR LIPS AND ALSO EXERCISE.....NO MATTER HOW LITTLE....I'VE LOST 6 LBS IN 15 DAYS, JUST BY JOINING THIS SIGHT.....GOOD LUCK....YOU CAN!!!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Best advice I ever received, "those brownies look better on the plate than on your hips." Don't get me wrong, I still have the brownies, just not by the plateful any longer!
    jrich1 is absolutely correct, you can't diet and expect it to last. You have to change your entire lifestyle.
    The site is full of the most supportive people you could find anywhere! But you have to be ready to do this for you.

Good luck!
    (and stay away from the cookies :wink: )
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    This is a life time committment, but well worth it! Is it hard? Of course, but over time it gets much easier. Kind of like smoking. In the beginning, you wonder how you can stop, but then it gets easier. Don't limit your foods all together. Go slow or you will never succeed. So many people look at this lifestyle change as you have to deprive yourself in order to lose weight and to get healthy. Yes, you will have to change your unhealthy eating and have portion control, but it is doable - IF you want it bad enough!