clueless on weight loss foods to ear

Options
emzyloo88
emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
Hey. I really have no idea on good foods I can't live on salads.... And I enjoy a weekly treat !

Replies

• ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well, you can eat pretty much whatever you want, just make sure you weigh, measure, etc. your foods and stay as close as to your daily calorie goal.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Avocados , eggs, chicken ,fish, fruit, veggies, almonds , nut butters, grains, sweet potatoes, cottage cheese greek yogurt . Stay away from PROCESSED foods and that is most things that are in a box and will last for a life time on the shelves
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    . FRUITS.
    VEGGIES
    YOGURT
    BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREATS
    TURKEY FRANKS
    TURKEY BURGERS
    EGGS
    TUNA FISH
    SPAGHETTI SQUASH
    AND MUCH MORE.................
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Just ensure you measure liquids, weigh foods, and eat under your TDEE.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Well, you can eat pretty much whatever you want, just make sure you weigh, measure, etc. your foods and stay as close as to your daily calorie goal.

^THIS.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    . FRUITS.
    VEGGIES
    YOGURT
    BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREATS
    TURKEY FRANKS
    TURKEY BURGERS
    EGGS
    TUNA FISH
    SPAGHETTI SQUASH
    AND MUCH MORE.................

Stop yelling at me. :(

These are good choices, in all seriousness. Avocados, almonds, fresh/frozen fruits and veggies, whole wheat/grains, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, almond/soy milk, beans/legumes, hummus, and what's are ALWAYS on my grocery list.
  • NicoleMGetsFit
    NicoleMGetsFit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are ... for pure weight loss everyone is right, you can eat basically whatever you want. The thing I learnt about doing it that way was that I suddenly wanted to eat better because it meant that I could eat much much more.
    I'm now looking on getting leaner and lowering my body fat percentage rather than just weight loss so I'm starting a meal plan tomorrow which includes a lot of the healthier foods that people have also mentioned.
    The main thing is to stay within your calories and get lots of water. Everything in moderation. :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

For weight loss= ^This!^ And isn't that great news!

However, for the sake of your health, you will want to eat sensibly "most" of the time. Chicken breasts are one of the best lean protein sources and can be prepared in literally hundreds of ways. Do some easy healthy swaps, like having greek yogurt instead of ice cream, avacado instead of mayo, salsa instead of sour cream, whole grain instead of white etc. Plan your weekly treats in advance so you can fit them into your calorie goal or earn them with exercise. And enjoy them without guilt. :drinker:
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Also, drink more water.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foods, just stay at a calorie deficit, try to meet your macros and be mindful of your micros. You wanna lose this weight for life? Then eat the way you're going to for the rest of your life, not something you can only keep up for a short time because that is the recipe for taking it off and then putting it right back on.
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb, healthy/"weight loss" foods =anything that grows in the ground or on trees.
    To be more specific...

Fruits-bananas, strawberries, pineapples, peaches, tomatoes, cherries, raspberries, grapefruit, cucumbers, melons, avocado...
    Veggies-Lettuce, carrots, celery, broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach, zucchini, squash...
    Legumes-peanuts, beans, lentils
    Lean meats-fish, poultry, beef
    Nuts-almonds, cashews, chestnuts, coconut, hazelnut, macadamia nuts, pecans, pistachios...
    Miscellaneous- eggs, olive oil, raw oats, brown rice, whole grain breads and pastas, cheese, milk, cottage cheese, peanut butter, almond butter, quinoa, green tea, greek yogurt, peppers, artichoke.
    Most Importantly- WATER!

All of these are just plain good for your body, therefore, they will aid in weight loss.
    Try to stay away from any of the above that have been processed, battered and fried and such. The best thing you can do go grocery shopping, stay along the walls of the grocery store and you will find all these products. Avoid the aisles.

Lastly, successful weight loss does not equal deprivation. Nothing wrong with indulging in the "bad" stuff once in a while, but eat the foods mentioned above at least 90 % of the time, and you'll have success.