Calorie Counting Devices?

Options
I am about to start training for a 5k that I am registered for in October. I usually use my treadmill just for light cardio, and of course this already has a calorie counter for me. I want to be outdoors for my training, so I am looking for a decent watch/arm band/device to track calories while I'm outdoors. Unfortunately I don't have much to spend, so does anyone have a suggestion for a not too pricey, yet decent device?

Replies

• srogers4avon
    Options
    I have a Fitbit. I absolutely love it. It is the best. You can set goals. It tracks steps, calories, floors climbed, miles & sleep. It really keeps me in check. It's $90. But oh so worth it
  • brad_brown
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, I use the RunKeeper app (should be less than $5) and it uses GPS to track your distance, etc... for you. They also have a nice website to see reports and things of that nature.
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, I use the RunKeeper app (should be less than $5) and it uses GPS to track your distance, etc... for you. They also have a nice website to see reports and things of that nature.

Similar to this - I have started to use MapMyWalk (Free App) The also have MapMyRun and MapMyFitness
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options

The runkeeper app has proven to be very inaccurate for me.