if you were me.. what would you eat

Options
Today is my rest day and I always find it hard to stay within my alotted calories during these days. I had breakfast and a snack and am left with 750 calories for the rest of the day where I'd like to have lunch, another snack, and then dinner.

If you were me, what would you have that is within 750 calories for your lunch, supper and snack? I have a hard enough time staying within on days I do exercise.

Replies

• momma69
    momma69 Posts: 16
    Options
    Salad for lunch about 100 cal

Salmon Burger for dinner they are 120 cal plain
    Steamed Veg 60 cal for a cup

That would only be 280 cal so you would have 470 calories left for snacks....
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but if I were me, I'd have a string cheese or granola bar for snack. I'd have half a pita with some hummus and a couple of cups of veggies for lunch. I'd have about 3 cups of veggies and a small serving of meat for supper. And a LOT of water.

Since I already messed myself up today by mindlessly eating some leftovers this morning, that's what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I would work out, get more cals and just eat what I normally eat :)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I would have a salad for lunch, with a light dressing, and maybe some fresh berries for a snack, and use the rest of my calories for a lowfat healthy dinner. In the future on your rest day, make sure you choose something low-cal for breakfast. My favorite cereal is Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax and light silk vanilla soy milk. A full cup of the cereal and a half cup of milk only comes to 240 calories, and it fills me up until lunch so I don't need a snack in the morning. Keep trying! You'll do great!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Lunch: a mixed green salad, with tomatoes and a can of water packed tuna, or salmon or chicken. You may add a couple of tablespoon of ref kidney beans for added fiber, protein and good carbs, and or some other vegetables. Use low fat dressing.

Dinner: Fish or chicken (roasted, grilled or pan fry), another small salad, steam vegetables, and if you still have calories left add a small sweet potato or a 1/4 cup of wheat past or brown rice.

Snacks: cottage cheese with some fruit or yoghourt or just plain fruit. Drink lots of water and also do some kind of excercise. You will have extra calories to play around and if you don't eat them, better for you.

Good luck!
  • jamieharris1
    jamieharris1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you haven't found it already, La Tortilla Factory brand, found for sure at Mother's and some supermarkets has tortillas (large) that are 80 calories, add reduced cheese and oscar meyer or hillshire farms thin meat and avocado, mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, salami and it comes out to about 300 calories and it is about 3" in diameter, so it is a large wrap for little calories, and regular pickles are 0 calories, have 1/2 serving of chips and you have an under 400 calorie meal.

or

jenny-o ground lean turkey (even less calories with the extra lean) with taco seasoning and mission THIN corn tortillas add 1/4 c of meat for each taco (which is about double I usually have) and some weight watchers shredded cheddar, sour cream, avocado, tomatoes and lettuce. Two huge tacos are about 400 calories (secret is to cook the tortillas in 0 calorie olive oil spray)

or

for lunch one day a week I make a HUGE salad, I buy the organic field greens and fill my large corning dish that has a lid, I add 2 hard boiled eggs and some kind of meat (chicken breast or even the sliced deli meat), 1/2+ fuji apple, 1/2 peach, a tomatoe, 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, maybe some cucumber, I have added berries, whatever veggy or fruit you have. I use Galleos Miso toasted sesame dressing which the whole bottle is 465 calories. The salad is somewhere between 325 to 350 w/o dressing, so around 500 depending on how much you use (I like dressing)

I am a comsumption eater so these help me a lot, I have actually latelybeen getting full on half of my food
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I should have mentioned that I am a vegetarian, but I can definitely use these suggestions and come up with something low cal and yummy.

No exercising today though.. you need rest days to build muscle. I worked out the past 3 days in a row with only Sunday off prior to working out 5 days in a row. My muscles are screaming at me to stop.. for just one day!
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    Without knowing what you've already consumed nutrition wise, it's hard to say. Try for about 300 cals per lunch and dinner and that'll leave you with a 150cal snack. Go with a whole grain carb, a lean protein, and at least two veg. An egg and cheese omelette with onion, mushrooms, and peppers rolled up in a wrap with salsa will put you around 300 depending on the type of cheese, egg, wrap, etc. Dinner could be a grilled chicken breast on brown rice with stir fry veggies and a piece of fruit.

Edit: Learned the vegetarian thing late...sub the chicken for a veggie burger of your choice, seitan, tofu, tempeh, etc.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    This is about what my snacks and dinner look like:

plum 72 cals
    protein shake 200 cals (120 for protein, 80 for skim milk)

dinner is

4 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast 110 cals
    baked potato 160 cals
    butter 75 cals

That ends up being 617 cals so you'd have wiggle room for another small snack if you needed.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    My go-to for times I need to fill up with few cals is a zaxby's house salad. Light ranch, then keep off the toast and fried onions and it's 339 cals and a ton of protein. Leafy greens are so great at filling up your stomach without pumping up your daily totals.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelette? 17 ish cals per large egg white, teaspoon of oil (40 odd depending on type) and vegetables to taste?
    One i had earlier had mushrooms, red pepper, onions, tomatoes, cheese and came in at about 250!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I would have a salad for lunch, with a light dressing, and maybe some fresh berries for a snack, and use the rest of my calories for a lowfat healthy dinner. In the future on your rest day, make sure you choose something low-cal for breakfast. My favorite cereal is Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax and light silk vanilla soy milk. A full cup of the cereal and a half cup of milk only comes to 240 calories, and it fills me up until lunch so I don't need a snack in the morning. Keep trying! You'll do great!

That breakfast sounds delicious! I'll have to find this kind of cereal. I use Kashi Granola Crunch for my yogurt but couldn't have a full serving as it's 230 calories. But the kind you mention sounds good and low calories.

I was in a rush this morning and didn't have time to make breakfast. I ended up going to Tim Horton's after I got my company's mail to get a bagel :embarassed: So that's why I need to eat better for the rest of the day.