30DS for Men

Options
Hello everyone. Due to the great results I've seen on MFP with 30DS, Ive decided to start. I'm on Day 7, Phase 1 and am already seeing the inches falling off. The only thing is 30DS seems to be a driven primarily by women and I'm not sure why. This is a great workout for both men and women... So ladies that are doing the 30DS, first of all congratulations on your decision, and secondly, get your guys up and moving with you. I'd like to have a few guy friends for support. And guys, don't be ashamed of doing a "girly" workout until you try it. I know from experience that after 20mins I am standing there in a pool of sweat, thinking, girly workout my *kitten*!! Put it this way, I'm down 5 lbs already. Although my belly is shrinking, my overall distaste for Jillian is growing :) (in a good way).

So c'mon guys!!! Get on board with me! And all you 30DS motivated women, feel free to add me!

Replies

• travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ^^This is awesome!! I whole-heartedly agree and WTG for putting this out there for the fellas!

I was able to get my man to do it with me, and he saw great results! He wasn't over-weight and was already in decent shape (he plays Tennis twice a week), but he was right there with me, huffing puffing sweating and screaming at Jillian!

He's not on MFP but if he were, he'd also tell everyone out there that the Shred is not a girly/sissy workout, and it will increase your endurance and kick-start your fitness goals. He's seen a huge improvement in his tennis game and loves HIIT training now! It also led him to doing P90X. I'm doing Insanity. This fitness thing is addictive! :)

Good luck getting through the 30 days…with hard work and that great attitude, you'll see awesome results!
  • pmhernandez
    pmhernandez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's the 30 day shread??
  • alexnguyen78665
    alexnguyen78665 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So c'mon guys!!! Get on board with me! And all you 30DS motivated women, feel free to add me!

I'm a guy. I'm going to do that Jillian Michaels Slimdown that commences in July (tomorrow). Come and join us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14987-jillian-s-30-day-slimdown-july-2013
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is an awesome workout for both. My guy won't do it with me. He says it looks too tough for him. LOL
  • alexnguyen78665
    alexnguyen78665 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is an awesome workout for both. My guy won't do it with me. He says it looks too tough for him. LOL
    [/quote

It is a tough workout. My physical therapist even told me I might want to hold off on Jillian until I healed a bit more from my surgery. He said they 'get your heart rate up there'.
    ]