Starting fresh

Options
Starting over abd starting fresh! looking for any friends that need and can supply motivation and positivity. I'm ready to focus and take care of myself the way I deserve. Life is too short to make excuses. I have 50 pounds set as my first goal and more focused on how I look and feel. What are you goals and motivations?

Ashley

Replies

• ilike2dance
    ilike2dance Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose weight as well as become a healthier person. I want more energy and to feel better about myself especially when shopping for new clothes. Im going slower than previous attempts so my first goal is ten pounds in 2 months. Feel free to add me!
  • MorganRae14
    Options
    Hi Ashley! Congrats on your choice to join the forums and get started on your journey! :) I am also looking to lose weight with a focus on how I look and feel. I'm more concerned overall with how I look/feel than a target number on the scale. My goal is 20lbs by the end of the year, but I'd like to do it in a healthy way while building lean muscle mass.

My motivation is a photo of me from college. I was a 3 sport athlete and 20lbs lighter then - I would love to get back to that person I used to be. What is your motivation? What are some of your favorite ways to get active? I've play rec sports, have taken up paddle boarding, and I've just signed up for a 5K that is in a few months to get me motivated to run/jog/walk every day.

Morgan
  • Ashley_no_excuses
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race. I think I've messed up in the past with bad goals and really low calorie settings. I see that you really have to be honest with yourself and I wasn't, I was studying myself up for failure. Im a former trained dancer, ballet, tap, jazz and modern, ive lost my muscle tone and flexibility. I've also self confidence and I am ready to take control. I was never a skinny girl but at 190 I was toned, strong and dancing so id love to get back to that. but its more of how I look when I move and how I feel in my clothes, I want my confidence back.

thank you for the add! I know we can do this and succeed
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Good for you starting over and starting fresh!! You got a good attitude about it :) feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm 24, trying to lose weight and gain a healthier me!! would love to motivate anyone who needs it :)
    Good luck!!
  • theatypicalaim
    Options
    I'm on your back, sister. I like your positive vibes!
    In my case, my motivations are:

1. a promised photoshoot with my friend when I return to my home country (July 2014).
    2. The idea of losing 20-30 pounds and gaining lean muscle is exciting enough!
    3. My work requires me to be lithe and agile, and losing weight is a way to acquire it.

Basically, I just want to look fabulous and younger for my 26th birthday next year! Cheers to us. I added you up as well, Ashley.
  • Ashley_no_excuses
    Options
    thanks so much
  • Ashley_no_excuses
    Options
    great motivation/goals!! thanks so much for the add!
  • apierce609
    apierce609 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just added you :) My motivation is to feel better physically. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 years ago and I've been letting it win. I've just felt awful and I'm tired all the time. I want to get fit and lose weight and hopefully go into remission so I can have a better quality of life. I've made mistakes in the past as well, but last week I decided to commit to a healthy lifestyle for good this time. Congrats on taking this step!
  • Ashley_no_excuses
    Options
    congrats on becoming healthy and taking control of your health which is the best motivation! You will succeed just stay focused and thank you for the add :-)