Hello from New England!

Options
Hi Everyone!

My name is Morgan, and although I've been a member of MyFitnessPal since September 2012 - I am just now getting around to making full use of it. I'm 28, single, and I live in Maine. I am a former college athlete who now works a desk job - and I'm finding that has not been so great for my overall health. Between the extreme overtime and the stress - I've gone from 140lbs and 17% body fat up to 160lbs and god knows what my % is :/ My goal is to get back down to 140lbs but to do it in a healthy way where I am not only dropping fat but building lean muscle mass.

I'm still fairly active. I play softball 3-5 days a week, and when I'm not doing that I'm playing volleyball, hiking, or out on the lake with my paddle board. Other than my job, I know my biggest baddie is my diet. I eat fairly well, but after games our teams go out for a couple of beers, and I feel that those empty calories have really had a negative impact on my health. I've made a commitment to quit drinking all together, as well as making other healthy changes to my diet.

If anyone would like to send me a friend request to help me stay motivated - I would certainly appreciate it. I am all for team work, and I think that everyone has their bad days where they may need a little kick in the pants to get going. Look forward to hearing from everyone and good luck on your own journey! :)

Replies

• maddi51302
    Options
    Hello. I live in IL, US and I am trying to gain since I am way underweight for my age. And I prefer not to tell my name, age, and weight.:happy:

(IL, US = Illinois, United States)

Happy weight losing/gaining!
  • Ashley_no_excuses
    Options
    I'm originally a CT gal, I miss it :-)
  • dentedcan
    dentedcan Posts: 29
    Options
    Big wave from RI - the cooler part of New England! :P
  • MorganRae14
    Options
    I will only let that comment slide because you have a Sox hat on in your photo. lol