Are you more awesome than you were yesterday?

Options
Are you more awesome than you were yesterday? If so, I want to be your friend.

My name is Rebecca and I'm a professional game designer. I like playing and making video games, riding motorcycles, and occasionally blowing things up.

All that said, I'm still not NEARLY as awesome as I want to be: I'm shy, I'm too round and rolly, I haven't made the game of my dreams yet, and my current haircut looks dumb.

I know who I am and I know who I want to be. There's a gap there, and I aim to fix it.

I've decided to make it my mission to become at least a little more awesome every day. For the next year, I'm going to take at least one step every single day to better myself. I'm going to craft a more awesome me.

I'm looking for partners in awesome. For friends and fans and rivals who are also all trying to make their future selves fitter, smarter or funnier.

I think, working together, we can start our own little awesome revolution. That we can help each other become a league of extraordinarily awesome individuals.

So tell me, right now - what have you done today to make yourself a more awesome person? What will you do tomorrow?

Replies

• hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This post made me laugh, thereby making you awesome!

I am now considering changing my diary settings to track daily units of awesomeness :tongue: FR sent!
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I surprise myself with my own awesomeness everyday. ;)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Today I took a last minute trip to another part of the country to see a band I love.

So yes, naturally.
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I taught my niece how to play Carcassonne. Today, I made it to my goal of 45 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow, we'll see! I don't like to plan things, it makes me procrastinate.
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    im not sure i can be more awsome-er then i am. im actually off the charts
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I went out to breakfast this morning. Asked for dry wheat toast and lemon in my water. Water arrived with no lemon. Rye toast arrived instead of wheat. I had to ask for the lemon twice and send the replacement buttered wheat toast back for dry. Normally, it's those kinds of things that knock my tip percentage way down...it's just annoying. But today, recognizing that we all have off days, I still tipped 25%.

OP, I really like your awesome attitude!
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    thats pretty awsome for the waiter/waitress to still get a good tip. i usually get preety upset when my orders wrong too tho. you are hereby granted AWESOMENESS for leaving a good tip for bad servicxe.
  • FedoraNinja
    Options
    I went out to breakfast this morning. Asked for dry wheat toast and lemon in my water. Water arrived with no lemon. Rye toast arrived instead of wheat. I had to ask for the lemon twice and send the replacement buttered wheat toast back for dry. Normally, it's those kinds of things that knock my tip percentage way down...it's just annoying. But today, recognizing that we all have off days, I still tipped 25%.

OP, I really like your awesome attitude!

Thanks for the compliment, and good for you for resisting the urge to let a mistake drag you down! I like to think that, since we're all trying to change our bodies for the better, we're too damn busy to sweat the small stuff. :smokin:
    Yesterday I taught my niece how to play Carcassonne. Today, I made it to my goal of 45 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow, we'll see! I don't like to plan things, it makes me procrastinate.

Carcassone is a very awesome game. Kudos on spreading the board game love to the next generation.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Yes, because boobs. <--
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Yes, because boobs. <--

tumblr_inline_mlu2jezfdl1qz4rgp.gif
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    <--- this is what I was doing yesterday, and today I'm recovering from a hangover. So, no. I was more awesome yesterday, unless posting this picture makes me more awesome. Then yes.
  • FedoraNinja
    Options
    Today I bought some real running shoes from a real running shop. For realz.

Previous to now, I'd been too skittish to go to a proper running shop. In my mind, running shops were some sort of sacred ground, where only "real runners" ordained by the High Church of Running were allowed to go.

Needless to say, that's totally not the case. The employees there were super nice, and after getting fitted, I walked out with a great pair of shoes. I was so excited, I went out for a quick run even though it was my rest day. :bigsmile:

Tomorrow I'm going to try to run a 10 minute mile in my new shoes.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    <--- this is what I was doing yesterday, and today I'm recovering from a hangover. So, no. I was more awesome yesterday, unless posting this picture makes me more awesome. Then yes.

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

To quote BCP:

• USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I took a girlfriend out to buy her wedding dress and shoes -
    Today we celebrated my youngest son's 15th birthday...
    Feels good to do for others...

Good luck on your run!!!
  • TonicSapphire
    Options
    I was awesome 40 years ago. Now, not so much.....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This has got to be one of the best Intro posts ever...lol.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    At some point when you have achieved awesomeness, it is pretty difficult to keep raising the bar, particularly every day.
    Happy to continue to pursue excellence but can't commit to increasing awesome every day going forward and be disappointed about not accomplishing a pretty good standard. If I misunderstood your idea, sorry about that.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Love it!

I upped my weights today
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If I were any more awesome this world would cease to exist.