Breakfast On The Go Ideas Please?

Options
Hey y'all,
Sometimes eating breakfast at home is not an option. And while I love Hardee's Sausage biscuits and I can fit one into my calories now and then, the sodium throws me off balance ( I have high blood pressure, so sodium has to count). That means I'd like to keep those sausage biscuits at a minimum. Any ideas out there for foods that can be prepared the night before or frozen that can go with me? Thanks in advance

Replies

• phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    How about a protein shake? or a Nutrition Shake.

I am retired now, but still have my special K protein shakes once in a while.

Good Luck.

Phyllis
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    the night before....

I have prepared 2 uncooked egg whites in one container. 3 slices turkey bacon,1/4 cup of peppers red or green or both, salt and pepper all in another container. At work the next day, i mix it all in a container, add about a teaspoon of water and microwave. Its a good healthy way to get in some good calories. I did find that i got bored eating this every day. Two to three days out of the week was like a good medium.

Also, juicing with fat free yogurt. or silk if you can have dairy. bananas, kiwi, strawberry, blue or blackberrys, pears, apples, I mean any fruit you like with fat free yogurt or I have even tried it with fruit flavored silk...yummy yummy and I feel full until lunch. ( although I always have a snack )
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I like turkey jerky or hard boiled eggs..
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    the night before make a breakfast sandwich
    toasted English muffin
    turkey bacon
    1/2 slice American cheese
    1 egg white
    put together wrap up and the next morning pop in microwave for a few seconds and head out the door :smile:
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like to mke baked oatmeal on the weekend, then reheat the leftovers all week. Basically, Tupperware/Gladware/Lock & Lock Containers are my best friend for all the hauling around of food that I do!!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    In the summer, I do refrigerator oatmeal. Mix the ingredients together the night before and just put in the fridge with a lid. If you forget to make it the night before. Let it sit for AT LEAST 1-2 hours. Best results will yield if left overnight.

1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
    1-2 tbps chia seeds
    2/3 C chocolate almond milk

You can make it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and save yourself more calories. If you do that though, I would HIGHLY recommend adding some fresh fruit to it for a sweet kick. :)
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas so far, thank you! I have to admit I'm a little nervous about any type of shakes for breakfast though, because I want to make sure I'm not going to be chewing walls a few hours later. Snacks could be added in though, I'd think.
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The special K pastry things are super good and only 100 calories. I also say eat fruit. Hard bolied eggs, a breakfast type sandwich made with eggs, bacon (or sausage) and cheese on a croissant or english muffin
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Smoothies with a blender container that doubles as a to-go cup. I have a Ninja. Throw in some almond milk, frozen banana (I freeze mine when they're about to go bad) and Trutein chocolate peanut butter protein powder. Oh my! Choc pB banana "milkshake" for breakfast! And about 250 calories. Yummy! And with the protein, they keep me full until mid-morning snack.
  • Lovelyloralee
    Lovelyloralee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    During the week at work I have a light Yoplait yogurt and a fiber one caramel bar - I buy them every two weeks and leave them in the office so there is no excuse for me to have a healthy breakfast. I also pre-portion fruit and have it either with my breakfast if I need a little more or throw it into my afternoon salad.
  • diannecampbelll2
    diannecampbelll2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do the fiber one bars and fruit.