At a Stand Still

Options
so i have not lost any weight in the last month and i am gettng very frustrated!
i will admit that i am not drinking enough water and i have not gone to the gym as much as i should.
that being said i am hopeful that once the kids go back to school i will get into a schedule of sorts.
i just turned 40 and my metabolism has probably slowed down. this is the longest i have ever stayed on
any kind of program, i like it,but i feel like my subconscious won't let me get past a certain point..
please help!!

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well, you have already identified a lot of your issues with the water and gym. Exercising needs to be made part of our every day, just like brushing our teeth and showering. Would it be easier to not go to the gym and work out at home? You also need to find out why you are sabotaging yourself. You deserve this and you need to convince yourself of that!
  • avgulik
    avgulik Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was at that same stand still for a complete month and yes, I was frustrated as well. I stayed right at my 1200 day calorie limit plus added about 6-8 hours of fitness per week, with a combination of strength and cardio workouts. As hard as it was, I mentally ignored the ridiculous number on the scale and then decided to take my measurements only to discover that I had lost 5 inches!

After a full month, the scale has finally started to move again in the right direction, here is my advice:

1) Stick with it!
    2) You bite it, you write it - be honest with your food journal
    3) Challenge yourself to get more exercise in
    4) Change your thinking - tell your subconscious YOU are in control. :-)
    5) Let your MFP friends help motivate you