Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus

Options
Hi, my name is Jewel, and I apologize if this has been asked here before.

I have the Wii Fit and the Wii Fit More Exercises at home. I have done the 30 day challenge on the Wii Fit and started I think the 60 day challenge on the More Exercises. I stopped doing the 60 day challenge for a couple of reasons, 1) I was developing small blood blisters on my feet, and 2) honestly, I just gave up (back in June I think) So, my question(s) is (are) as follows:

1. Can I customize the challenge days so that I can do it two days a week and on the weekends?
2. Do I have to follow the challenges, or are there customized workouts that allow me to work better for myself?
3. Is 4 days of Wii enough, if I walk 5 or 6 days a week as well?

Any advise, thoughts or comments are always welcome.

Thank you for listening and helping a girl out. :flowerforyou:

Jewel

Replies

• susandersons06
    Options
    I have been thinking of getting Wii Fit as well.
    I feel if you are using it, you are moving your body, therefore you are winning!
    Even if you customize set exercise plans, you are setting your goals that are achievable & not setting yourself up for failure!
    I say go for it!

Good luck :)
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    When I first started working out I used the wii fit plus everyday and got a pretty decent calorie burn for a video game. However, a month or so into it I had gotten into much better shape and my calorie burn became very minimal. Now the wii fit is just a fun game that happens to get me moving at the same time but I don't count it for exercise. So I guess the wii fit is good as long as you are doing other workouts to supplement it.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I actually have the wii fit, and don't really like it. I have the regular wii fit, and the wii fit plus.
    with the balance board, you can't jump or run. yes its better than nothing. but its more good for yoga. and you can't really burn calories doing yoga.

but what is really nice, is the Your Shape with Jennny Mccarthy for the wii. What it is is a camera, and you can see yourself on tv. you follow the workouts. you can chose different parts you want to focus on, or have the wii decided. you can do it for as long as you want and any number of days. and it works everything. you can run, jumping jacks, you can even add equipment, like a balance ball, bands, weights, steppers. and it pretty much yells at you if your doing it incorrect. like if your arms aren't up high enough. plus it tells you how many calories you are burning. I really love it. I lost 14lbs doing this in 3 months. and usually I just worked out 30 min 4-5 times a week. and its cheaper than the wii balance board. I also notice the balace board isn't accurate on you weight. I used to use it to weigh in and keep track. but I got on and off 3 times right after each other, and got different weights each time. if you balance isn't perfect, it messes up the weight.
  • dmcgee
    dmcgee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Jewel, I have the Wii fit plus and love it! I started my diet and exercise program June 1st of this year. I do mostly cardio on my Wii. As I have improved I keep adding things to intense my workouts. I'm up to 50-55min a workout with just cardio. Of course when I started out I took it one level at a time. I do run the 10min course. And I have elevated my board to equal 6" I do the advanced step 4 times back to back. I don't stop moving while I'm changing the screen to go another round...walk in place real fast, keep the cardio going. I am doing the Wii 4 days a week now and I do water aerobics three times a week, Love IT!!!!! Just set up a plan and go for it...you can change it as you move along. Good luck!