Chalene Extreme????

Options
Hi everyone! Today is my 5th day of the first week on the Chalene Extreme 90 day program. I woke up this morning after doing yesterday's upper body workout mostly focusing on shoulders and some what glutes feeling extremely sore from my biceps, inner thighs, glutes, and especially shoulders. There's no doubt in my mind that this is a great program Charlene focuses on lifting heavy to exhaustion between your 10-12 rep and you get 1 day cardio, and abs then the last day is yoga and stretching. I'm not sure what the next two months will bring. I don't see many people talking about this program I've been told it's like the female version of P90x. Is there any one out there who's done it? I would love to see your before and afters or read your review's on the program. Thanks :-)

Replies

• Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of Week 1 for PUSH phase. I think it's a fantastic program so far. I supplement some cardio with each day using Chalene's Turbo Jam as well. :)

Once I'm finished, I'll post results. So far I've lost 7 pounds and tons of inches!
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I started it but had to stop within week 2…once my situation returns to normal, I'll start it up again and finish it. I loved the strength gains I made in the first week alone! I've done her TurboJam so I already knew Chalene was an awesome trainer and motivator!

There's a MFP group for anyone doing Chalene's programs, specifically CLX. Great for resources and asking questions to others following the program.

Plus, if you do a search for 'Chalean Extreme results' within this forum, you should get some before & after pics for inspiration.

Keep at it, and I hope to be able to join in on it soon!
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im on my second week! Loving it so far but i need higher weights.
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of Week 1 for PUSH phase. I think it's a fantastic program so far. I supplement some cardio with each day using Chalene's Turbo Jam as well. :)

Once I'm finished, I'll post results. So far I've lost 7 pounds and tons of inches!

Thanks for replying I have turbo jam to I need to consider incorporating them also. Congratulations on your success.
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    I started it but had to stop within week 2…once my situation returns to normal, I'll start it up again and finish it. I loved the strength gains I made in the first week alone! I've done her TurboJam so I already knew Chalene was an awesome trainer and motivator!

There's a MFP group for anyone doing Chalene's programs, specifically CLX. Great for resources and asking questions to others following the program.

Plus, if you do a search for 'Chalean Extreme results' within this forum, you should get some before & after pics for inspiration.

Keep at it, and I hope to be able to join in on it soon!

Thank you so much I'm going search for the group now.
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    Im on my second week! Loving it so far but i need higher weights.

Thanks for replying, have you noticed any differences yet?
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Just started week one. I'm on day 3 or 4? Doing burn circuit 3 today. So far I really like her attitude and motivation style. I've done Jillian Michaels videos and I mist have gotten to used to them because this is a whole new type is sore. I can't wait to see results!
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Although I rotate CLX in with other stuff (I ignore the cardio discs in CLX), I just started the Lean phase. I think of CLX as sort of a the junior varsity program, with P90X being the varsity. Personally, I have no desire to do P90X, and in fact, my strength focus after CLX will be Stronglifts (am taking baby steps to get there).

All in all, I love Chalene Johnson and think that CLX is a fantastic introduction to weights. I know it's certainly helped me become a ton more comfortable in the free weights area at my gym.
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for replying I can't wait to see results!
  • LadyLuckAJ
    LadyLuckAJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I completed this program last year and I love it. If you stick with it and make sure you are eating right; it will do wonders for your body. I just completed 6 weeks of it but have decided that for the next two weeks I will just do workouts that are fun (will throw this program in as well as I love it; push month is serious!) as on the 15th of July I will start Focucs T25.

But stick with it, this is a great program.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I only did Burn and Push, but they were great at helping my body take shape. It was awesome. I never finished, because in Lean, my resistance bands were snapping. I did such a good job of working to failure that I couldn't control my resistance bands.
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    I really appreciate you guys feedback...Anyone else?
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just added the CLX Circuits to my TurboFire workouts. Chalene is my favorite workout instructor by far and both of her programs that I have get amazing results! I did 5 weeks of CLX in 2011 before I had to stop when I re-injured my ankle I broke in 2010. I got more toned in those 5 weeks than I did swimming a mile of freestyle laps daily for 4 months in 2009. I'm currently 6 weeks into TurboFire and the second week since I added in CLX. I lost more inches in week 5 (the first week adding CLX) than in weeks 3 & 4 combined just doing TurboFire. I agree this program doesn't get enough credit - it's a great way to strength train using heavy weights without all the guesswork and I love that it's geared towards women.

Have you done TurboFire? It's intense cardio/HIIT that is like dancey kickboxing to great music. Some days it's more like fun than working out :)

For the poster that needs heavier weights - Wal-Mart sells a 40 lb Gold's Gym weight set for $20. Buy 2 sets and you will have all the weight you need to complete the program.
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    I just added the CLX Circuits to my TurboFire workouts. Chalene is my favorite workout instructor by far and both of her programs that I have get amazing results! I did 5 weeks of CLX in 2011 before I had to stop when I re-injured my ankle I broke in 2010. I got more toned in those 5 weeks than I did swimming a mile of freestyle laps daily for 4 months in 2009. I'm currently 6 weeks into TurboFire and the second week since I added in CLX. I lost more inches in week 5 (the first week adding CLX) than in weeks 3 & 4 combined just doing TurboFire. I agree this program doesn't get enough credit - it's a great way to strength train using heavy weights without all the guesswork and I love that it's geared towards women.

Have you done TurboFire? It's intense cardio/HIIT that is like dancey kickboxing to great music. Some days it's more like fun than working out :)

For the poster that needs heavier weights - Wal-Mart sells a 40 lb Gold's Gym weight set for $20. Buy 2 sets and you will have all the weight you need to complete the program.

I have her turbo jam but have yet to try turbo fire.. It seems like a lot of jumping which is one reason I'm not a fan of insanity! Stuff like that seems to bother my ankles, but that may change as I lose weight.
  • sugaree1202
    Options
    I don't do well with jumping either since I have nerve damage/pain in my right ankle and can't feel my right foot. TurboFire is an intense version of TurboJam with HIIT. There are actually more squats and lunges than jumping and you get just as intense a workout without jumping by alternating the knees you lift and squatting. There's a modifier in all the classes who shows the low impact version of the moves. It's super effective too - I'm was averaging a 5-6" loss from all measurements combined weekly before adding CLX, now it's more like 8-9" weekly. Plus it's just fun :)
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    Just finished with all 3 phases on Friday! I will weight myself tomorrow and take measurements, but last time I took my measurements I lost 5: from my waist and 3" from my hips! and lost 6lbs!

If you want to check out my page on facebook, you can se my pics, www.facebook.com/fitanatomy

Hope that helps you!! Oh and in the last month I noticed my arms getting a lot leaner!! I love Chalean!!
  • sugaree1202
    Options
    ^^^ Awesome!
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    Just finished with all 3 phases on Friday! I will weight myself tomorrow and take measurements, but last time I took my measurements I lost 5: from my waist and 3" from my hips! and lost 6lbs!

If you want to check out my page on facebook, you can se my pics, www.facebook.com/fitanatomy

Hope that helps you!! Oh and in the last month I noticed my arms getting a lot leaner!! I love Chalean!!

Wow that's great!!!
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing this, so bumping to see responses! Currently midway through week two--I'm definitely a lot stronger, lost a bunch of inches already (I'm also doing insanity, though) and FINALLY broke out of my plateau! Love Chalene!