Does your spouse/partner ..

Options
43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
Since losing weight or progressing in doing so, does your mate like to pick your
apparel when out shopping? Mine does and I hate it. He has no clue of my style.
I do give in with the sports fan stuff. I'll do that and the lingerie but other stuff I
draw the line.
Anyone else? What are your experiences in this? Does your partner try to make
you over or 'dress you up' to quote Madonna. :p

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Fantasy outfits? Sounds kinky
    Options
    lol, Yup but weight loss is fun to our partners. :p
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Options
    I have a hard time getting dressed due to serious laziness, so I let him pick out my clothes and put them on me.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no
  • mjboswell
    mjboswell Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My husband has always bought things for me to wear. Of course they are the types of things only he sees so I have no problem wearing them for him. Now if he were trying to pick out my everyday clothes I'd probably have to tell him no.
    Options
    I have a hard time getting dressed due to serious laziness, so I let him pick out my clothes and put them on me.

Mine treats me like a oversized Barbie, he undresses me all the time and then tries
    getting me to dress as he wishes. It's kinda funny. I lol over it usually.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Nope. He will give an honest opinion on what I'm wearing, but he doesn't go and grab things for me. I do the same with him. We've found it's better to be asked our opinions rather than give them freely. This applies to hair as well.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nope, I could wear a potato sack and he wouldn't care. He notices and appreciates when I dress up and look pretty, but otherwise it's whatever.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Yes. He doesn't try to buy it without my say in it most of the time, but he does take pictures and/or link me to things more often now than before.

I wouldn't say that it's annoying in and of itself, but we're trying to save money and he's trying to SPEND IT. :explode:
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Nope, but he has no interest in fashion whatsoever, and is quite happy with how I dress anyway, in that he doesn't really care about my choice in clothing. The idea of letting a man dress me makes me shudder. Unless he was Hannibal Lecter I wouldn't let a man choose my clothing for me. Make suggestions, yes, but only if he had an understanding of ladies fashion and our bodies.
  • AiabliamsMommy
    AiabliamsMommy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No. He could care less what I wear, he doesn't even care what HE wears.
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Actually my boyfriend knows exactly what I like right down to my favorite colors! He's gifted me clothing before and did an awesome job. He can take me shopping any time. :smile:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Nope. He prefers me nude.
    Options
    Nope, but he has no interest in fashion whatsoever, and is quite happy with how I dress anyway, in that he doesn't really care about my choice in clothing. The idea of letting a man dress me makes me shudder. Unless he was Hannibal Lecter I wouldn't let a man choose my clothing for me. Make suggestions, yes, but only if he had an understanding of ladies fashion and our bodies.

lol @ Hanibal .. let's hope that's way off reality. I think more of Mickey Rourke
    when I think back on films where the guy dressed the lady. :) I agree they don't
    understand the mechanics of our fashion .. most of us take it serious.
  • Sushifish87
    Options
    Nope but I dress him! I got him from sweats and over sized (and with holes) T-Shirts to nice pants and button down shirts or polo shirts. I just wanted him to look like he cared about himself when he went out, not like a slob. Now he happily wears the stuff I buy him ^.^
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Nope.

My partner gives no sh*ts what I wear or what I look like. He's seen me in rags, suits, formals, cosplay, casual dresses, lingerie, cowgirl boots, tightlaced corsets, wigs, bald, and zombie make-up. He's seen me overweight and underweight.

I'm not sure he's even noticed what I actually look like.

He's definitely no help when I ask for advice on "what to wear" as he generally just shrugs and says "whatever you pick out will look great."

He just likes me for my cooking...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know something like this existed before venturing into this thread. That would mean my answer is a firm no.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    No he just gives me the money!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I make my husband take me shopping and pick all my clothes. He has great taste and I HATE shopping. I'd never get new clothes if he didn't shop for me.