Easy Pre-made lunches

Options
sheyleigh94
sheyleigh94 Posts: 9 Member
I work everyday and only have a half hour lunch. I don't like to eat out a lot so I am looking for easy meals I can stick in the fridge Sunday night and just get out for lunch everyday. I have no clue where to start. Help?

Thanks!

Replies

• orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Do you work from home? Are you making Sunday night meals for one or for a family?
  • sheyleigh94
    sheyleigh94 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wish I could work for home. Unfortunately I do not. But i do have a fridge and microwave at work. and its just for me at lunch time!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If you have a crock pot, you can find a lot of delicious and reasonable-calorie meals. Make a large amount and portion it into individual meal sizes and freeze. Make a different recipe each week for a few weeks, then take out different frozen portions for each day of the week.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    +1 to crockpot meals.

I make some kind of meal over my weekend and stick it in the fridge, then just pick up a pre-portioned meal when I pack my lunch that day for work.

Salads, sandwiches, curry, casserole, pasta pretty much anything you can make ahead and refridgerate.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I make salads and pre pack in vaccum bags. I also make "lunchable style" ones in presectioned containers. I add crackers, ham or salmon, cheese, grape tomatoes, and/or sliced fruit too. I also preportion left overs, soups etc. Homemade sushi or spring rolls are nice too. Hardboiled eggs, quiche, taquitos/fajitas travel well too.
  • vlarocque
    vlarocque Posts: 5
    Options
    I eat quesadillas & fruit. I put 3 corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds, then top each with a thin sliced piece of meat & split a slice of cheese among the 3. Heat another 20 seconds, fold over & eat. Fruit is an apple or orange or grapefruit or double handful of grapes or cherries. My snack is trail mix. MFP doesn't like a lot of fruit,(too much sugar) but eat it anyway. It's good for you.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I buy tortillas or wraps and cheese and dressing and keep them in the work fridge. They last a long time. Once or twice a week I bring fresh salad - doesn't have to be a bunch of veggies, can be just lettuce & tomatoes, and make myself a wrap for lunch. If you're really hungry, you can eat two of them, or supplement with a yogurt.
  • quilteer
    quilteer Posts: 2
    Options
    I love peanut butter smeared on a carmelcorn rice cake. They don't get soggy. The taste is like a treat to me. And bananas always are easy to pack, and slices of banana taste great with this combo too.