P90X... Is it worth the hype?

MrsBrosco
MrsBrosco Posts: 295
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
My (140lb) husband says to me the other night that he would really like to try P90X. I have watched the infomertials and their show on QVC and it looks good.
My questions:
1. Is it worth the money?
2. How long per day are you supposed to use it?
3. Does it come with a specific program, since I know there are 12 DVD's how do you know which one to do?
4. Do you truly see the results?
5. Is it realistic?

Thanks so much everyone!

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    it's good stuff. i would recommend it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Just search "P90X results" in the search bar of the forums and you'll get every answer. There a ton of threads already on this topic.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    It is a great program:
    1. Well worth the money
    2. most days 60-75 minutes, other than the yoga day 90 min
    3.Yes it comes with 3 options with detailed instruction (Classic, Lean, and doubles)
    4.Yes, if you put the time and effort in and follow the diet as closely as you can
    5.It is very challenging, but they do give options to modify the exercises to make them a little easier

I followed the program once all the way though, now I modify it somewhat to fit my life style. All together I am in my 4th round of the resistance training portion but I do my own cardio at the gym or I bike.
  • 1)Yes
    2) Average about an hour.
    3) Yes and they provide you with a calendar to help.
    4) Yes you do. It takes a few weeks, 6-8 but you'll really really see a life changing result.
    5) From and athletes point of view it is very difficult. But you do what you can. Through the first few weeks you struggle to keep up, but that starts to change. Your strength and endurance improves. You get much better at each task. Just keep pushing play.
  • I am loving P90X! :)
  • P90X is a great program!!! I work for Beachbody corporate and we have seen sooo many success stories come from this product including a women who was destined to a wheel chair able to ride a stationary bike for 10 minutes! If that isn't amazing I don't know what is. :)

1. With that, yes it is completely worth the money if you are willing to stick with it.
    2. The package comes with many different workouts, you could be working out any time between 45 minutes and an hour and a half depending on the day.
    3. Yes, there is a calandar for the 90 day program that you should follow.
    4. YES!!! Check out our website for NUMEROUS testimonials and all over this website which is not affiliated with us at all.
    5. Very much so, depends on how hard you work and how much you want to get in shape.

Hope this helps! :)
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    YES!
  • laurapro
    laurapro Posts: 8 Member
    P90X is great, but it's so exhausting! TeamBeachBody makes another program called Insanity that my husband and I prefer because it doesn't require the pull up bar and weights - also, it's easier for me to do! In 40 minutes, I burn about 400 calories and he burns 550 Good luck!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    My husband and I have both done P90X and Insanity by Beachbody. We like both, but we both prefer Insanity because it doesn't require any equipment and it's a harder workout than P90X. The first month of Insanity, you only work out for 30-45 minutes. But the warm-up alone will drench you in sweat. The 2nd month, most workouts are about an hour.

I just started P90X this week after finishing Insanity. I found it to be easy. It didn't get my heart rate up very high. But I still feel some good soreness in my muscles. And it is lower impact than Insanity. So the balls of my feet are thanking me for the change in routine.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    My (140lb) husband says to me the other night that he would really like to try P90X. I have watched the infomertials and their show on QVC and it looks good.
    My questions:
    1. Is it worth the money?
    2. How long per day are you supposed to use it?
    3. Does it come with a specific program, since I know there are 12 DVD's how do you know which one to do?
    4. Do you truly see the results?
    5. Is it realistic?

Thanks so much everyone!
    What are your husbands goals? You say he is 140lbs. I can't imagine he is looking to lose weight. Is he hoping to pack on muscle?
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    [What are your husbands goals? You say he is 140lbs. I can't imagine he is looking to lose weight. Is he hoping to pack on muscle?

Dohhh! There's that goal thing again. ...and I have nothing else to add to this conversation.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Definitely worth the hype. I've trained for 30 years with weights and this is the best thing I've found. No offense to anyone here but if you follow the program to the letter, it's "idiot proof."

I've done P90X three times and am 4 weeks into a P90X/Insanity hybrid. My results have been incredible.

If you want to see amazing results, Google the names of my Beachbody coach, Tommy Mygrant or Dallas Carter. Dallas was a Beachbody Million Dollar Body champion and Tommy was a finalist. Great stories about both. I interface with these guys on a regular basis on Facebook.
This discussion has been closed.