Inches or Pounds?

Which do you prefer? And why. I used to think POUNDS was important, but I'm not so sure now. I think INCHES are far more important. But from a health standpoint, which would you say is healthier?

Replies

43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    I prefer to lose inches but my body goes back/forth. However to make
    my doc happy the scale is best until I can manage to make them happy
    at the docs office. I do prefer inches as I love clothes. :p
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Depending upon how much you have to lose, pounds are the easiest thing to focus on. But for others who see you only occasionally, inches really makes the difference. Many people think I've lost a lot of weight over the past several months (maybe only 3 at the max). But it looks like I've lost much more than that. That has shown up in the dropping of a coule of inches in my waist and hips. But its really the loss of fat and the building of muscle.
  • nuts4elephant
    nuts4elephant Posts: 21 Member
    inches!!
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    I needed to lose 50 pounds and have lost 32. So right now pounds, but in the near future it will have to be inches because it will be time to start lifting to build muscle.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Pounds are any easier number for comparison, but inches have a more useful meaning as far as health (as does body fat %). I have seen a number of posts, mostly from women, who are terrified that the scale is going up, even though body fat and inches are both dropping. They are getting fitter and healthier, but because the weight is increasing, they are unhappy. For that reason, I mostly focus on body fat. I keep an eye on my weight, but mostly so I can calculate body fat.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    At the beginning it was pounds. Now it is inches.