NSV I am...

Options
taidasrictar
taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
Finally in control of my food and not the other way around

I have a half a Papa Murphey's deLITE pizza sitting on the kitchen table waiting to cool so I can stick it in the fridge , I ate the half I accounted for and I feel no need to eat anymore of it till tomorrow where I plan to have the other half. I have a big box of Mike & Ike's sitting on the shelf above my computer monitor it is not hidden or anything it is just where I set it and I LOVE Mike & Ike's but I feel no compulsion to have any, in fact I have not even opened the box yet! I have a freezer and pantry filled with the good stuff ice cream,100 cal packs of cookies,those warm delights (150 cals of brownie awesomeness) and no need to raid it but when I want a treat near the end of the day I have a selection to choose from.

I know I don't eat clean my macro are never perfect and a still have some processed food in there (Hot Pockets Cuban Style are also really awesome) but try to make most of my meals and even the processed stuff I tend to bake now instead of nuke you get a lot more flavor out of it and a much nicer texture for most of it. I still eat a lot of sit down resturants/fast food but not as much as I use to and I make better choices usually have it logged in before I even step foot in the restaurant.

I have my bad days and days I am expecting to go over but I reached the point where I AM IN CONTROL of food not the other way round. I have been constantly gathering information from the community here at MFP taking what I can use and everything else with a grain of salt and from doing what it has told me to I have had a steady loss of 2lbs a like my goal. I have what I want in moderation keeping within the limits(there is no substitute for a baconator :laugh: ) and try to not to have cheat days and even if I know I am going over I log everything and keep it within maintenance.

guess this is more a rant then a story but I hope you enjoyed my little successes none the less

Replies

• cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It's all about the choices. Thanks for adding your two cents. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the perfectionists....
  • raven617
    raven617 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job! I don't think I could resist my favorite candy sitting in front of me like that, but one day I will!
  • DragonSpark
    Options
    Great job! That is an awesome NSV!
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't have that level of control just yet. Right now I'm just happy that I didn't buy ice cream as a comfort food (Its almost 90 degrees here in the Seattle area- pretty hot for us). Great job though!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Mind over matter :) Good for you. 'Treat' days are a necessity, in my opinion :)
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    thx everyone

and that box of Mike & Ikes been there for about a week now unopened i had a craving for them so i bought some plus u get a lot per serving 23 pieces (40g) i use to have a box of them near my computer and snack on them all day and finish a box in a few hours i use to buy 2-3 boxes a week :noway:

and for the perfectionists i think when u do start losing weight and changing your lifestyle you do get a little soap box i mean even i have had to stop myself from soapboxing:laugh:
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love your story...and I also LOVE that sexy car on your ticker!! Keep it up!!
  • chera79
    chera79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just awesome! I'm not quite there yet but closer than I've ever been before! Keep it up! It's the things like that, control over yourself but not restricting yourself. That's success! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    very powerful NSV for you!! Great job, I too have a box of candy sitting out, unopened and I look at it and say those look good, but I really dont need it right now. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!