Where are the 40 somethings?

Options
Hi guys,
I'm fairly new to MFP and love the encouragement and support on here. I currently have friends on here of all ages, but am specifically looking for more people with things in common. I'm 43, mom of two (21 and 19) that no longer live with me, work full time, would like to lose 50+ lbs. I'm pretty "dumb" to the specifics of exercise/training, all I've ever known is endless cardio so I'm learning a lot on here about others lifting weights, eating clean etc. It's so interesting to learn about new ways of approaching my weight loss and health goals. I'd like to be friends with people going through similar things as me to encourage each other in our journey. Please add me. :)

Replies

• Pink_Zombie72
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm 40 & I have two kids grown (one in the Army & one at college) but I still have four at home. I have a little under 100 to lose so I'm learning as I go too!!
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 43. I have 3 sons...21, 19, and 17. Feel free to add me. :)
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am 43 my kids are grown and I too have the simmilar goals so you can add me
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    47 with one daughter headed off to college in the fall.
  • Linda_Kaye
    Linda_Kaye Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm 45, mother of two ages 22 and 19. Anyone can add me. :smile:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    43 here, you can add me. :)
  • sunnydayz71
    sunnydayz71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me as well. I just turned 42, had a baby 6 months ago and I also have a 13 year old daughter. I've been happily married for 15 years and life is great other than this weight. I gained 40 lbs with the baby and have lost it all and I'm now working on 40 lbs more. After I reach my goal, I'd like to get into lifting weights...
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 with one child, age 8--I started late! I've lost 127 pounds and am currently working on vanity pounds now. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom but I'm 41 and still new to lifting (started in late February).
  • HeartIcare
    HeartIcare Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I've just celebrated 50th birthday, four kids all grown ups and joined mfp this month.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 this week.
    Missed me by that much.
  • claudiasiplak
    claudiasiplak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    41, three kids.. 14, 6 and 3..feel free to add me!!:)
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 with a 26 year old daughter and her 2 year old boy. Just now learning about strength training and I love it. So much more satisfying than just cardio. Started with 50 lbs to loose and have lost 18 (3 before joining MFP). I also have major gym-phobia and it took all my will power to start going to the university pool! Feel free to add me. My diary is open, too.
  • Grammi_C
    Grammi_C Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! I've just turned 49, have a 30 yr old son and a 27 yr old daughter. My grandkids are boy age 7, girl age 1 1/2 and baby boy 4 months. I like to draw, knit, make jewelry, quilt and sew. I have quite a few pounds to lose but I think if I focus on losing 5 lbs at a time, I WILL do it!!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    HI!
    Im 40 and have three babies 21, 16 and 15 - two boys one girl - they are my life.
    I love MFP - there are great people on here and it is definitely educational!
    People are very helpful here!
    feel free to add me
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm very new here too. I'm 46 and live in Ann Arbor. I work full time as a hairdresser and am in the middle of switching careers by completing a graduate degree in IT. My goal is to feel better about myself and to have more confidence by changing the way I relate to my physical health. Being a heavy woman in a classroom of 20-something men takes its toll on your psyche. I'm very interested in meeting other women who are aiming to improve themselves through diet and exercise. Please feel free to add me
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am a 40+ !!!! Feel free to add me. I am very close to my goal and am in PUSH mode....can use all the support I can get!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    43 and three kids (26, 23, & 13) and two grandkids. Been on here a looong time. Welcome to MFP! :drinker:
  • BigMomma742
    BigMomma742 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 48 and joined last Summer. About a week after I joined my brother almost died from Mrsa in his blood, but I stayed strong and kept counting the calories. then about 2 weeks later my 20 year old son was in a bad wreck, and I ended up in rehab with him all summer and GAINED 20 pounds. Been back off and on since then. Entirely quit drinking carbonated beverages as of April 15, 2013. With all my ins and outs I have only have one 'friend' left. And then....my son (same one) was in another wreck May 2013. The outcome of this wreck was worse. I can't even type it because it is much nicer being in denial. Imagine the worst case scenario. But I have stayed strong and have lost the "extra" twenty from the time period of my son's first wreck and am still determined to never drink "soda" or "pop" again and considering what I've been through I'm pretty proud of my self. So my ticker says I've lost like 8 pounds and that is from the original weight but really because of the stress eating from 2012 more like 30 pounds.... sigh. I am horrible at keeping my food diary but hoping to get better and be a better me. For obvious reasons I've been really depressed so have been pushing myself to exercise which at this point is walking the dog. Thinking about getting a bike, but I am SO "fat" that I'm afraid my butt will just absorb the bike and then there goes next week's weigh in (that was kind of a joke). Anyway I have a twisted sense of humor but add me if you think you can handle me and my baggage. :)
  • laursed
    laursed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am 45 and have 3 boys ! 21,19 and 14, two away at college and one at home. I would like to lose close to 90lbs, an am currently having some celiac tests done, so i have been eating gluten free. Even with 2 boys gone at college its hard to put me and my health 1st......always a work in progress.