I binged.

Options
After 9 months and 97lbs, I binged.

I can't figure out WTF triggered it. Probably hormonal.

I guess I need to pop in an Insanity DVD and try to undo some of the damage. I feel sick.

I didn't even eat anything BAD, a **** ton of nuts (almonds, cashews, dried fruit and yougert chips) 400 calories worth!!! And a ton of Stacy's pita chips. I'm over 2100 cals, I'm seriously hurting right now.

Replies

• amunro
    amunro Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's okay to have a bad food day after NINE months! That's crazy that you've been so disciplined to not have binged over the past nine months. Your body may have just really been craving/needing the fat and nutrients in those nuts. Though it is important to figure out what may have triggered the binge just so it doesn't happen again.

Don't worry about it. One binge definitely won't set back your weight loss journey!
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks I apperciate your response. Now that I've lost all of this weight there is so much pressure on me from others. I have this doubt that lives in the back of my head and I really hope it wasn't me trying to self sabotage.

If it happens again I'll leave the house or throw the food out. I will never go back to what I was.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't imagine 9 months with no binging. I can barely go a week.
  • sfdf40
    sfdf40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    One day is no big deal. Just start over again tomorrow with the good diet.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    No need to beat yourself up over it, its a done deal and tomorrow is a new day. You may realize later what caused the trigger, its just not coming to you now, you have the right attitude you didn't get this far without your "can do" attitude. Congratulations on your weight loss!! That is surely something to be proud of.

Cheers:drinker:
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    *kitten*, you've earned it. Kick back and relax; tomorrow is a new day and a new start!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yea seriously.. nine months? That's fantastic. The trick to those horrible binge days is being SO SO CAREFUL for the next few weeks that you don't say "what's the harm" and do it again. Falling back into that habit is why we get so big in the first place. As if you don't know. The next trick is planning those days ahead of time. Not all the time of course, but that way if you go that far over you won't feel nearly as bad.

Like I said before... DON'T DO IT AGAIN FOR A WHILE (unless it's part of the plan)

Good luck!!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    As others have said, one day will not hurt you. It really won't. Maybe just try to figure what triggered it... if you can't it really could just be that you were really hungry! I get one of those days every month (right before "that time"). I'll usually show a slight gain right after, but I know its not a "real" gain and after a few days I'm back to normal.

Great job on your progress so far! If you feel the need to pop in an insanity video then go for it... however you could also go for a relaxing walk to clear your mind and still get some activity in.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I agree that 9 month of your success is excellent.

BUT, 2100 calories is not a binge. I eat about that every day as do millions of other people who are healthy weights.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You can't expect to live the rest of your life without ever having a day where you overeat. It's the habit of overeating that makes you overweight, not the occasional binge. You have to be able to let it go and move on. You can add a few minutes to your daily workout this week to make up for it if you feel it's necessary.

You also said something about having a lot of pressure on you. Don't take on that pressure. Do not let that influence your behavior. You own your weight loss and your maintenance. It's no one else's business.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I so wish I could not binge for whole 9 months! That in itself is an accomplishment!
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it happens, the best thing you can do is try not to beat yourself up over it.it doesn't sound like it was that much. 2100 is a pretty normal day for a lot of really fit people
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    An article I find that gives good advice on "moving on" from a binge and to not have the "all or nothing" mentality.

http://robbwolf.com/2012/08/08/going-going-started-handful-chips/

(I'm not paleo in any way, but I do think Robb Wolf has some decent information on his site)
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Um.... really after nine month sweety.. this is not a binge, this is a speed bump and nothing more, its not going to derail your progress, you are not going to gain ten pounds back, and you are being wayyyyyy too hard on yourself.. you have lost 97 POUNDS, do a happy dance and celebrate that, let this incident go and get back to it now. I am impressed with how well you have done.. please do not let unrealistic guilt rob you of wonderful progress!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's ok. Just reduce your calories for a week or something and you'll be just fine. Seriously, 'normal' people binge all the time. All that matters is be vigilant about it and not make it a habit.
  • HelenKiller
    Options
    Forgive yourself!

We're in this for the long haul. One day, one minor setback, is something to quickly put behind you; just like those 97 other things you've put behind yourself lately!
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, all of you are amazing.

I'm back on the wagon. It's got to be stress from starting a new job.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I agree that 9 month of your success is excellent.

BUT, 2100 calories is not a binge. I eat about that every day as do millions of other people who are healthy weights.

This, totally this.
    I think people forget what a normal, healthy intake would be for maintenance while surrounded by so many deficits, some extreme.
    2100 is probably maintenance for you anyway, and your body, quite honestly, just wanted the nus most likely. Almonds are packed full of nutrients and healthy fats. I get more than the odd nut binge occur.