Thoughts On Cheese?

Options
Hi guys!

So I eat one slice of Tilamook Medium Cheddar Cheese almost every single day in a sandwich.
It has 110 calories, which is a lot for a small amount of cheese, but it gives me a lot of protein and filling fat.

Is cheese bad for you, or is cheddar cheese bad? Should I stop eating cheese so frequently? What do you guys do(:

Replies

• HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE cheese. I have (not intentionally) decreased it from my diet since i started using MFP and tracking my food. My only suggestion is if you do want to contiunue eating the cheese, do it. In my experience the only thing thats happened to me from depriving myself of something is that i've then binged on it. I mean as long as you balance out the rest of your diet accordingly what is the harm?
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I eat a chunk of Stilton blue cheese every night before bed.
    Its delicious, full of protein and cause Lucid Dreaming.

My thoughts on cheese!
    Great in small doses.
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    as long as you count the calories it shouldn't be a big deal. just make sure that you are doing it accurately...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I broke up with cheese and it made a huge difference in my weight loss :bigsmile: too much sodium, too much fat and so easy to eat too much
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on cheese: yum.

If you stay within your numbers, eat what like. Cheese is a good source of calcium, and 110 calories is fine for a serving of protein
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on cheese: yum.

If you stay within your numbers, eat what like. Cheese is a good source of calcium, and 110 calories is fine for a serving of protein

haha, when i saw the title of the thread, i hopped in to share that exact same thought - yum!

i've always loved cheese, now i'm just more conscious of the *amount* that i'm eating.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHEESE! I prefer sheep's milk and goat's milk cheeses. I feel as though they contain healthier fats since they are naturally grassfed (Some people find that they don't cause digestive upset as cow's milk products can sometimes cause). Plus, I think they taste better. I love Naked Goat, Cypress Grove Lamb Chopper, Pecorino Toscano, Fiori di Sardo (Sardenia), just to name a few ...

ETA: I sometimes snack on cheese and apple slice, which I use as "crackers" since I can't have gluten.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese everyday. I can't imagine a single reason not to; 110 calories is like...1/18th of my calories. Pft.

I won't touch a salad without feta cheese. True story.
  • osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love cheese but have found that changing how I eat it helps. Swiss cheese from the deli is under 100 calories and the Sargento Thins are 70 calories a slice. I also keep low fat string cheese on hand. I make sure to buy the reduced fat varieties for nachos and other yummy things.

Truthfully, I cut cheese out of recipes and instances where I don't taste it (such as a veggie delight from subway) and opt for the reduced fat when I do want some.

Good luck!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Life without cheese is like life without oxygen.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    No food is inherently bad. Plus, cheese is delicious.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Yes please? As long as it fits my macros, I love me some cheese.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Cheese is delicious. I try to eat at least two servings a day whenever possible.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Cheese is good. Most people just switch to stronger tasting cheese (like sharp v. mild cheddar) so a smaller amount has a larger impact. Some things will just always be worth the calories.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese everyday mostly for snacks.
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I could never part with cheese. I don't care what any anti-cheese personalities say. I love it way too much. I use feta and grated parmesan cheese usually, as they are a bit friendlier on calories. I also like the Baybel mini cheeses... gives you a decent but not ridiculous amount (the ones I get are around 50 calories a wheel), and super delicious!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

ahem

QI4NRip.jpg
  • daylilies
    daylilies Posts: 92
    Options
    I eat cheese every day and choose to cut down on carbs instead. I get the low fat Cabot cheddar.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

ahem

QI4NRip.jpg

I retract my previous statement. There are some inherently bad foods. I'm ashamed.

tumblr_lkmpheorow1qeojiz.gif
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cheese.... it's good for you, it's bad for you. If you enjoy it, and you have no issues eating it, eat it!

It has high sodium and depending on the type can have high fat. The fat in dairy I consider healthy and it has protein (not much... but it has it). Plus, it also has calcium.

In conclusion, cheese wont hurt you under moderation. I say you are fine with eating your one slice everyday.