Under calorie goal, not hungry.

Options
Hi, this may sound strange, and I did search but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I started MFP a few weeks ago and I started out so very hungry all the time! I went over a few times on purpose because I couldn't stand it. Today I was busy canning so I wasn't really paying attention to hunger until it was time to eat anyway. It is 11 pm and I'm wanting to go to sleep, but I saw I was still under 1200 calories. I need 88 calories to reach that, and 218 to reach my regular daily goal. I am just not hungry. I used to eat right before bed all the time, but now I'm staring down blackberry muffins...and nothing. Don't get me wrong, they are really good, but I just can't eat! I couldn't even finish my sweet tea from dinner, so I'm sure I have more than 88 calories. Will this hurt me? The whole going into starvation mode? I ate a lot more veggies with dinner, which I know is more filling. I would feel ok if I was over 1200 calories, but I'm not. Any ideas?

Replies

• ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Go to sleep:-)
  • chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Go to bed.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    No it won't hurt you and no you won't go into starvation mode. If you go over other days it evens out no biggie!
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly fine to eat the 88 calories tomorrow on top of your calorie goal. If it happens every once in awhile, it's okay, it takes more than one day to go into "starvation mode". =)
  • OliviaMG1
    OliviaMG1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One day won't kill you. Just try not to make a habit of it. I don't see a need to force-feed yourself at 11 p.m. if you're not hungry.
  • stephaniefiteni
    stephaniefiteni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about calories so much - some days you will be over and some days you will be under,
    I'm not sure if it is available to you, but try looking at my calories for the past 7 days - pretty sure I put this on public!!
    Some days I was under by 1,000 and other days under y 700-800. Your body changes all the time!
    Ideally its good to have the standard 1,200 calories a day but it is more a guideline.
  • kerstinelaine
    kerstinelaine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone has good ideas. I can snack a little bit more tomorrow, and I get to go to sleep! It's been a long day of canning. I was just worried about MFP leaving me a message at the bottom of the page warning me about my calories.
  • kerstinelaine
    kerstinelaine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow! I didn't know you could view other people's diaries lmao! I don't think I could go so far under in a day. I like my food lol! I do worry a lot now since I worked in fast food for 3 years and gained about 50 lbs. I know what it was I was eating all the time, and what the calorie count on DQ's food is! It is very scary!