Quick & easy banana pudding

Options
Lisamarie1226
Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
I love banana pudding. And they make a delicious banana pudding at the café downstairs where I work. So instead of giving the nice people downstairs my hard earned money (and not being 100% sure of the calories and fat grams) I decided to make my own. Save money, save calories and be in control of my fat grams & carbs!

Here is my recipe for a lower fat, lower sugar, lower calorie banana pudding.

**If you've ever taken a look at the back of a Nilla wafer box, it shows a recipe with heavy cream and eggs…. Fattening, rich, decadent, yes. **

I decided to try a different, much easier version and it's still really yummy! Of course, it's not as thick and rich as the original but my boyfriend even likes it and he's normally not a fan of low fat/sugar free stuff.

1 packet of Jello (or generic) brand Sugar Free/Fat free instant vanilla pudding mix
2-3 cup skim/fat free milk
2-3 bananas (depending on how "banana-y" you like it)
Nilla wafers (they also make a lower fat version)
Light or fat free cool whip.

To make a portion for myself, I go ahead and measure out 1/2 of the prepared vanilla pudding (70 cals for a 1/2 cup prepared with skim milk) and place it in a container. I then use about 1/2 of a medium banana (45 cals for that half), 4 Nilla wafers (70 cals for 4) and 2-4 tbsp of light cool whip (30 cals for 4 tbsp -- I like the cool whip). For this individual 1/2 serving, it comes to 215 cals, 5 fat grams &32 carbs. You can play with the calories depending on how much banana, Nilla wafers, & whipped cream you prefer.

See, you can still enjoy your favorite things, in a lighter version.

Enjoy!

Lisa

Replies

• Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious and I love banana pudding as well! :)
    Can't wait to try thanks.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yummy, thanks!
  • mandikaye
    mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh my... this sounds amazing! And I *love* banana pudding. Thanks for posting!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Bump!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Sounds wonderful!!! Thanks :)
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Fixed this for dinner tonight. I used the reduced fat Nillas and came up with 208 calories for one serving. Cant wait to indulge :)
    Thanks so much for sharing!
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    Bump!
  • sixxfan26
    Options
    I've been making my banana pudding this way for YEARS! I agree it's great!! Only other thing you can add to really make it yummy (albeit more fattening) is condensed milk...but it is totally unnecessary in this recipe.

Oh...one other twist you can try to change the flavor a tad is to use sugar free french vanilla pudding.