Where are the 40 somethings?

Options
13»

Replies

• LaFlareskincare
    Options
    Good for you . I am 57 with 4 grown children. I need to lose 40-50 lbs. Just started running myself. Feeling very confident that I will lose the weight this time. Love this program
  • LaFlareskincare
    Options
    Did You go to the Galapagos Islands? I noticed your turtle pic
  • BronTonyRollyBeau
    BronTonyRollyBeau Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Bronwyn . I'm 48 , I joined a while ago and haven't been on for some time now.

I finally joined a 12wbt program - Michelle Bridges - and have been going to gym for 7 weeks now , 6 days a week . I've only lost appx 3 kg in that time but am doing more than before and mostly watching my food intake etc.

My partner says he has noticed a difference and says I look good. Well , I still have a few kilos to go ( about 6-8 ) before I think I'll be comfortable . I have noticed my pants can slide off over my butt - BUT I don't want to lose too much in that area as it wouldn't look good :( LOL he says that's a NO NO !

At the moment I'm not well and didn't go to gym today , wondering if I should take a couple of days to recover or take each day and see how I go ....... ( started as a cold but now have a sore throat and feel off )
  • imperfectlypamela
    imperfectlypamela Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 44. Stay at home, homeschooling Mom. LOVE fitness & healthy living. I have 3 kids 18, 14 & 7. Mostly working on those last 5-10lbs & more definition right now. Anyone can add me :) Positive friends & others who just need support :)
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 54 and will be hitting the double nickel July 8. Married 31 yrs, 3 grown children and two grandkids.
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 with 2 kids, 27 and 19. My daughter is working on her Master's Degree. My son is going to be a sophomore in the fall. I am an avid exercise DVD fan. I need to lose about 10 pounds. Anyone can add me!
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    47 here and two children--26 year old young lady and 18 year old young man. Been on here a little more than a year, Anyone may add me.
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me. I am 41, 3 kids under the age of 18 and on a journey to healthy living. Would love the support.

Thanks!

Marta!
  • luvopera
    luvopera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and have his, hers, and ours children. My son from my first marriage is 18 and on his own. My daughter from my second marriage is 5, almost 6.

I have been on MFP before under another user name. I completely went off the wagon and gained 13 pounds. I am so close to 200 pounds again and that scared me, so here I am again. I am ready to renew this journey and rediscover why I enjoyed being healthy.
  • betz52
    betz52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and in the same boat . I need to lose about 100 pounds be weighing and measuring all my food for 6 months and have lost about 16 pounds I work out and go to the gym about 4 days a week It very frustrating not sure what eles to do . I went to the dr they told me I was very healthy all my blood work was awesome but I am in menopause which also mean mentalpause any encourgement would help
  • udamom
    udamom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh I can still answer this "40 something" topic for 14 more days :O)
    49 y/o have been active on MFP since Jan. Have lost 17lbs and looking to lose about 20 more.
    I log everyday and will encourage others.
    add me if you need support
    Trish
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Hi 48 lost 50 and looking to drop the last 10 to 12. Feel free to add. Looking for motivated friends. Good luck!
  • 13ftw67
    13ftw67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just keep moving towards your goals. if you have a setback keep going again. best wishes
  • txgrl63
    txgrl63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 49 years old and have a 13 year old son. My life is crazy busy. I also work full-time and go to school part-time. I have been overweight my entire life, and I recently lost 216 pounds. I have trouble with stress-eating and I recently regained some of what I had lost. I am currently in the process of re-losing what I gained, and I have about 25 pounds to go. I am looking for friends to give/get support and encouragement. Feel free to add me!

Debbie
  • jmperry18
    jmperry18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 42 years old. I'm married, but no kids. But I have three fur babies. :tongue: I've had a hard time managing working out, but I'm getting back on track. I have about 60 lbs to lose! I am looking for friends to give/get support and encouragement as well.
    I've added you as a friend.

Jocelyn