Can't seem to get that six-pack..Advice?

Options
It just seems like what I am doing is not working out. I would like for someone to kind of "spell it out" for me. What should I do to get the results I want?

Here is a little bit about me and my routine:

- I weigh 103 lbs and am 5'0, 20 years old.

- I am 9 months postpartum and still breastfeeding.

- I normally follow a diet that is not really strict. I do not drink soda, eat fast food, or fried foods.

- I workout 4-5 times a week on top of working on my feet. I do 100 jack knifes, 100 windmills, 50-100 squats, and 100 jj's daily. Lift weights and do a few high intensity cardio workout videos a day off of youtube. I enjoy the livestrong and BeFit series. Also yoga regularly.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is it possible that I am just simply incapable of it, having had a child 9 months ago? Or should I be following a special diet? Please, do inform me! Thanks!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    You're breastfeeding. Don't worry about the 6 pack right now since you need body fat to ensure you child is getting in enough nutrients.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Okay I am only telling you what I have heard before. Check your body fat % and see what that is and go from there.

Also keep it mind that you are female and it is harder for use female to get small enough to have ads because our bodies naturally want to be bigger than males to prepare for pregnancy. For example our bigger hips and our breast.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above.

I'd put the six pack on hold for until you're done breast feeding. After that you can start getting yourself down to a low body fat by eating a slight deficit coupled with an effective strength training routine.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    You're breastfeeding. Don't worry about the 6 pack right now since you need body fat to ensure you child is getting in enough nutrients.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Best advice...for now.

8488541.png
  • yurika975
    yurika975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For abs body fat is the key. Even those cover models don't look that way year round. They have to diet down or tighten up on their diet to get those abs. I think you will need to keep the fat as you are breastfeeding. Just keep working out. I think when baby is weaned then you can tighten up on your bodyfat % for it to get low enough for those abs to show.