i love it when...

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
i see people outside jogging and being active, and i don't feel completely guilty and miserable because i already put in my time at the gym! if i have not been working out, any time i notice someone who has been, i just feel awful about myself. as soon as i get myself into gear, i see all those people and feel completely opposite - like i'm an inside member of some secret posh club! anyonelse ever get that way?

Replies

• angie0184
    angie0184 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yep :) It's cuz when we're not doing it, we know we should be :blushing: So, when we do, it just makes you feel that much more accomplished :happy:
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You know, I noticed that when I run down the side of the road there are many different reactions from the people driving by:

There is the teenage boy who either honks, hoots, or hangs out the window screaming inappropriate phrases.

There is the pleasant older man who smiles and waves. I always get the impression that he runs too, and he thinks it's awesome that I'm running!

There is the leering middle-aged man.

There is the young woman who smiles. I also get the impression that she runs.

There is the car filled with family, who all ignore me to the best of their ability. I'm not sure why.

Lastly, there are people who glare at me like I am committing some vile crime by running down the road.

Now, when I run I never go out scantily clad. I don't run at the speed of light, I sweat a lot, I huff and puff, and I also sometimes have the gall to spit. When I see people running I just smile at them because I'm happy that they are fit or getting fit! Good for them!!!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I bike to work. I've never been good at exercise to exercise so biking to work really works for me...anyhooooo....It's earlish in the morning and I bike along the beach. And at that time of day Venice beach is all about working out. Personal trainers with clients, Joggers of all shapes and sizes, little old people walking their dogs, and muscle bound guys working out on the public gymnastic equipment. I love it, I feel like I'm a part of all that health and wellness and aside from the beautiful crashing waves it's the best part of the view. Very inspiring.
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    it makes you feel better bc you know your making the best of yourself also,. When you dont you feel guiklty that if they can do it you know you could be too. I know the feeling
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do...I love it!!
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    Wow, Paige1108, I envy you your ride to work. When I cycle (I'm not at the moment because I am recovering from a broken pelvis) it's 6 miles along a main road filled with commuters and lorries. But hey, it keeps me fit. Wish my ride to work was along a beach though!:grumble:
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wow, Paige1108, I envy you your ride to work. When I cycle (I'm not at the moment because I am recovering from a broken pelvis) it's 6 miles along a main road filled with commuters and lorries. But hey, it keeps me fit. Wish my ride to work was along a beach though!:grumble:

I feel blessed. You can pooh pooh Los Angeles for the traffic but we make up for that ten times over in beautiful views. It's a great ride.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    You know, I noticed that when I run down the side of the road there are many different reactions from the people driving by:

There is the teenage boy who either honks, hoots, or hangs out the window screaming inappropriate phrases.

There is the pleasant older man who smiles and waves. I always get the impression that he runs too, and he thinks it's awesome that I'm running!

There is the leering middle-aged man.

There is the young woman who smiles. I also get the impression that she runs.

There is the car filled with family, who all ignore me to the best of their ability. I'm not sure why.

Lastly, there are people who glare at me like I am committing some vile crime by running down the road.

Now, when I run I never go out scantily clad. I don't run at the speed of light, I sweat a lot, I huff and puff, and I also sometimes have the gall to spit. When I see people running I just smile at them because I'm happy that they are fit or getting fit! Good for them!!!

Hay I wasn't leering ok I was checking your form:laugh:

I like the head nod from the other muscle heads in the gym:glasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!