High protein snacks and alternatives

Options
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion for high protein snacks and alternatives to rice and bread?

Replies

• brigit628
    brigit628 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like hard boiled eggs, tuna, and protein shakes
  • scabertrain
    scabertrain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky! Just make sure you get a brand that's low in sugar/carbs (Big John's comes to mind)
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great protein and good convenience food. Nuts and Beans are also high protein. If you want more you can do an internet search for high protein foods.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I did a search real quick and found the basic meats, nuts and yogurt. It also suggested soy products. However, soy contains high levels of estrogen as well as other chemical additives and new studies show this soy products are very bad for your health. They cause men to have man boobs and cause breast cancer in women. Big Business has fooled a lot of people into thinking soy is healthy but is a very dangerous food. In addition all 100% soy products in the US are GMO.
  • ShaneMac4u
    ShaneMac4u Posts: 15
    Options
    Pure Protein bars. Chocolate peanut butter is my favorite. You can get a box of them (6 bars) at Wal Mart. They make for a great mid afternoon snack.
  • stephaniefiteni
    stephaniefiteni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    High protein snacks:

Egg whites - I usually make a few at a time, there is hardly any fat or carbs as well
    Protein shakes - plain or make your own with fruit! E.g. chocolate banana shake
    Nuts - raw almonds both protein and fat
    Tuna - spring water if looking for low cal and hardly any carbs and fats ( once again )
    Protein snack bars are good too but I usually find that for their size theres a lot of calories and not as satisfying as having something larger when your hungry like a homemade thick shake.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    protein powders (140+ cals) 22-30g per serving
    lowfat greek yogurt (110 cals) 26g per serving
    fish (110+ cals) 24-28g per serving
    egg (70 cals) 6g per serving
    meat (200+ cals) 28g+ per serving
    beans (200+ cals) 20-30g per serving
    oatmeal (140 cals) 6g per serving
    nuts/seeds (170+ cals) 8g per serving
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    I make a big batch of protein pancakes on Sunday and have them on hand during the week.

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats
    12 egg whites
    1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
    2 small bananas or 1 large banana
    1/4 cup walnuts
    2 tsp vanilla
    Dash of cinnamon
    Blend everything in the blender and cook like regular pancakes. I eat them plain as a snack, but I'm sure they'd be amazing with some pure maple syrup for breakfast or topped with berries.
  • Shelby_mc_
    Shelby_mc_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As in your answer to rice and bread alternatives, if you look up some paleo recipes they have some where you can make rice out of cauliflower, and bread out of almond meal (crushed almonds). I haven't given either a go yet but the great comments some people are leaving means it must be good! :)

32787295.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars. Chocolate peanut butter is my favorite. You can get a box of them (6 bars) at Wal Mart. They make for a great mid afternoon snack.

Nice tip man, 20g of protein a bar.. Also I found Quest Bars are high protein, but $$$