sweet cravings

Options
Ive just finished my first week on this site and done so well , but after having no chocolate etc my sugar cravings where so bad today i had a kit kat and am now 5g over my allowed fat of the day :(... feel guilty but was so good lol!! anyone got any tips on how to combat sweet cravings without dipping in the biscuit tin ( and not fruit lol) x

Replies

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    When I first started I had two Jaffa cakes daily lol. Did the job.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Plan for including some sweets or things you like in your day.

Having said that, I find I get extraordinary sweet cravings when I'm tired and/or dehydrated. First, be certain you're not craving something else.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    You might try making hot cocoa with skim milk. That way you can have your chocolate, and it is not that many calories. The heat prevents you from drinking it too fast and it is more satisfying.
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have had some luck with semi-sweet chocolate chips. I just give myself a tablespoon (1 serving) and then eat them slowly, one at a time. It seems to do the trick. You said no fruit, but I made this banana "ice cream" with mango and strawberry and the texture is amazing. You can use unsweetened cocoa or any number of other things to flavor it. http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414 But if you don't like bananas, then this is not going to do it for you.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate bar every day plus generally some other treat. I love food and have learned that if I want to eat chocolate every day then I need to move my *kitten*. It is all about what motivates you. I have a calorie allotment of 2200-2300/day so having room for treats is not a problem.
  • IDzine01
    IDzine01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the same with dark chocolate chips. 25 is a serving. I eat them one or two at a time. :)
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have a KitKat a day as they have me by the balls as of late
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    it takes me 3 days to get past the cravings when I cut out sugar. If I go cold turkey, it is easier. To manage chocolate craving, I make a mocha with hot milk, coffee or espresso, unsweetened hershey's powder, and a packet of stevia (herbal sweetener sold in packets).

I also use dried figs as snack food. 1 fig = 35 calories and it hits the spot.

Sugarless gum is my life saver!

Good luck.
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot my favorite "fix" ... I cut up a banana and sauté it in a pan until it is mushy and sweet. It's sugary but it's not sucrose. And, there are still nutritional benefits!

Also, dole makes chocolate banana dippers - 100 cals for 4 chunks of choc covered banana.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Everyday I have a weight watchers Strawberry Smoothie Bar or dark chocolate raspberry Bar.

I have lost 14 pounds even doing this. This is the only sweet that I have, but curbs my sweet tooth
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello with whipped topping... Awesome!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have one Ghirardelli 72% cocoa after supper each day. Each piece is individually wrapped so you're not too tempted to eat more than one. Kudos to those who can stop at a certain number of chocolate chips. A bag in my car wouldn't make it home from the store.
  • OliviaMG1
    OliviaMG1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    strawberries & nutella! Yummm
  • ambernicoleperez
    ambernicoleperez Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes! There are a ton of awesome things that have been working to satisfy my sweet tooth without putting me over! Dole Banana Dippers are UH-MAZING and like someone said above, only 100 calorie for the whole pack of 4! Another good one that works for me are the Fiber One bars (theres a chocolate salted pretzel or something like that, that is great!) Light Whipped Cream sandwiched between two reduced fat grahm crackers, put in the freezer = AWESOME! Skinny Cow ice creams, Frozen Yogurt bars (one serving of 4 oz at Yolickity's is 100 calories without any toppings and its so good you don't need toppings!) Fruit of course is natures candy. I have found these little packages of Brookside's Dark Chocolate Covered Blueberries and Dark Chocolate Covered Acai & Raspberries... MMMM. And it's around 100 or maybe 100 even for a pack. Another one I love (but might need to ditch because it ALWAYS puts me over for my sugar for the day) is Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai or Chocolate Protein Smoothies. (pre-made in bottles) MMMMMM. =)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself some sugar in your diet if you want it. You don't HAVE to cut things like that out!
  • Timmi1978
    Timmi1978 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ive just finished my first week on this site and done so well , but after having no chocolate etc my sugar cravings where so bad today i had a kit kat and am now 5g over my allowed fat of the day :(... feel guilty but was so good lol!! anyone got any tips on how to combat sweet cravings without dipping in the biscuit tin ( and not fruit lol) x

You're going through a natural process. Now your body wants to stick with your 'old' habits. Try to resist...but if you really can't resist to eat some sweets, substitute with sweet fruits (bananas, red apples, ...). Some people even swear on Vitamin C.
    Find more helpful tips to reducing your sugar cravings in this short YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TE2vv0ntTY

Stay strong, it will be easier from day to day.
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    When I absolutely feel u must have chocolate, there is a gum that is mint chocolate flavored that is delicious! I chew it and it does the trick for me. I believe it's Xtra brand. They make all sorts of flavors. Of course it has that bad bad aspartame in it but once in a while I do it. I also chew this gum from whole foods that is made with xylitol that is cinnamon flavored and that helps the sweet tooth too.
  • stephaniefiteni
    stephaniefiteni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hrmm I had this problem too and I realized a lot of other people do too - personally I love sweets, hope this little list helps.

1. Jelly Lite - Its sweet and has 0 carbs, fat and sugar.
    2. Stevia sweetener - Its natural - I use it everyday either in my coffee or oats in the morning
    3. Coke zero - I have this regularly
    4. Dessert delights chewies - you can order them from the net or buy them from a 'suga' lolly store. They have all sorts of flavours such as apple pie, strawberry short stack, mint ice cream.. etc
    5. Milk flavourings sugar free - you can buy banana, strawberry and chocolate flavourings/sweeteners that have next to nothing sugar levels - I add them in my protein shakes for flavour to give me a variety with ''vanilla'' powder.