looking for friends, especially other vegetarians

Options
johnsdba
johnsdba Posts: 12 Member
..I'm thinking it'd be interesting to see what other dieting vegetarians are eating. I'm fairly active (horse back riding, rock climbing, etc.) and I'm taking a slow-and-steady approach to dieting. Add me if interested. :smile:

Replies

• lesleyann51
    lesleyann51 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow veggie. I am adopting the slow and steady approach too fingers crossed it works
  • LolaBStrange
    LolaBStrange Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello. Mostly vegetarian here. I eat dairy and eggs. Occasionally I'll have salmon if I know where it comes from. Feel free to add me.
  • Katey12891
    Katey12891 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a vegetarian (not just to lose weight, I was vegetarian before that haha but I have started eating fish so I can get more protein) and I make sure that I get loads of protein each day and not so many carbs (except after training) My start weight was 90 kg (198lb) in October 2012 and now I am down to 69kg (152lb) as of now. My goal is to get to 64Kg and I reckon if you get lots of protein that makes weight loss really easy. For example: eggs if you eat them, fish if you eat it, I like Horsley's low carb high protein bars. they make a really great substitute for a sweet chocolate bar but they are much better for you! I also eat beans, tofu sometimes, protein shakes with 0.5% milk, vege stirfrys with added hoisin sauce and chickpeas, lentil curry (Tikka masala) vegetable lasagne if Im treating myself! You ask for my recipe if you like, it is quite tasty and very hard to stop eating!
    Im so glad to see more vegetarians. When I started loosing weight I was on a diet that only catered to meat eaters so I just ended up doing my own thing.
  • dietingdebbie
    dietingdebbie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HI,

another veggie here. Restarting on MFP. Into running and cycling.

Looking for friends to help motivate me too. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • ElisaStephen21
    Options
    Hi!
    I am! Well I'm actually vegan... But still would love to meet people who have a similar diet!
    :) Feel free to add me!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    slowly but surely making the transition to a vegan diet here, feel free to add!
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me too! Like katey I started adding some fish back now that I am getting older. But that's it. I was full veggie for 9 years. Add me. :)
  • shaff1rm
    shaff1rm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fellow veggie! I started slowly, cutting out red meat, and then lean meats and fish. I didn't intentionally become a vegetarian though- I just one day realized I hadn't eaten meat in a month or so and decided to keep it up! I love the lifestyle.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Lifelong veggie! Lacto-ovo. Looking to stalk other veggie diaries to get tips and ideas of new things to eat...
  • thedreamingplace13
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and am looking for vegetarian friends, too! I am going to add all of you if you're cool with that!
  • susekane11215
    Options
    Yes, feel free to add me as well. I am a vegetarian. The only exception is when I go out to eat and the vegetarian choices are unhealthy (cheese and carbs), then I may choose a fish plate instead.