caffiene headache..

Options
So, along with my diet I've tried cutting back on my caffiene intake, but between cutting calories down (which I ate whatever I wanted before) and trying to do caffiene as well, I've had a headache for almost two days, any suggestions?

Replies

• ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is the most addictive substance known to man, so there's not much help. Either wean yourself off of it slowly, or endure headaches for 2 weeks while its getting out of your system.
  • LittleTwitty
    Options
    after 3-4 days it usually subsides for me....
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wean yourself very slowly off of caffiene. If you used to drink caffinated sodas, drink caffinated teas or coffee now. Then slowly cut down on the amount of caffiene used each day.

I drink about 2 cups of coffee or tea each day.
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    it will get better, its your body withdrawing from caffine, its normal and natural, the owrst thing you can do is to drink more caffine, try to limit your intake, it will ease, but if it does not in five days go to your g.p. they may be able to give you some more advice, if you live in the uk ring nhs direct or try thier website if you dont want to bother g.p., remember caffine is a drug,if you used to drink alot then your body is detoxing.
  • payton58
    payton58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In my past experience it has taken about a week or two to get over the caffiene headache. Not sure there is any solution other than, just hang in there it will get better.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    ADVIL!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When I gave caffeine up years ago it was a good week before I got over the headaches. The doctor told me to go as long as you can without drinking and then when you start to feel the headache then drink a little. Keep that up until you slowly ween yourself off. I say if you drink 3 sodas a day go down to 2 a day and stretch out the time. You will ween yourself off soon enough. Good Luck
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much quit diet coke now and I got all the headaches you'd expect.

Thing is, even though I got the headaches, I was having a latte every morning.

There's something different about Coke than coffee, and it's something more than caffeine imho.

Mirii