Best low-on-time home fitness DVD?

Hey all,

I, like so many of us on here, am strapped for time, all the time. I have a FT job and 3 little kids (including a 5-month-old who doesn't sleep through the night).

I really want to start a regular exercise routine, but need something effective and quick! I've heard a lot about 30-Day-Shred - do you think I should give that one a go, or are there any others you would recommend?

Replies

• sophygld
    sophygld Posts: 8
    I have been using the 10 min solution 'dvd',5 day fix its great, you can do one 10 min routine or up to 5 in one go. I like the mixture of cardio-kick boxing, toning, abdo, yoga and strength intervals. There are heaps of 10 min solutions DVDs all with different themes. I didn't like the hip hop one at all but found the kickboxing one very good as well.

I also like the Quick fix series These are also in 10 min blocks, but there are 3 on each DVD. I love the post natal one (used it a loooong time post natal, great for adbos) and also the toning one. All these DVDs use handweights (which I finally got this week, trust me a couple of tins of spaghetti do the job)

I have 5 children and found these dvds really quick for toning me up and making me feel fitter. Good luck!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    30 Days Shred, Ripped in 30, Body Revolution, all from JM. ShaunT's new Focus T25. 30 days butt lift - look under groups - is on average 12 minutes. 7 min workout is also great - http://www.7-min.com/.
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    I started 30DS this morning. It's free on YouTube and I can get it on my TV on virgin media. It was hard work and I shouldn't have chosen 2.3kg weights for my first day but it took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish including the warm up and cool down.

I also like the HIIT workouts on the web. There are loads of places that do them. http://www.bodyrock.tv have daily workouts that are 12 minutes or less. Are you specifically looking for a DVD though?
  • z4dow
    z4dow Posts: 43 Member
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/
    You can search for workouts based on:
    training type, body focus, difficulty, minutes and calorie burn.
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    I am with 2 kids and 30 day shred is the best :) go for it.....
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    I've been using Just Dance (4 I think) for Nintendo Wii. It has a Just Sweat setting where you can pick between a 10, 25 and 45 minute workouts. It has different training styles like Aerobics, Latina Dance, Electro Kickboxing and 60's training and the normal Just Dance tracks in between. I burn anything between 230-300 calories per workout (it tells you how much you're burning based on how vigorously you're dancing). Does it work? Check out my progress :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    4 Fast miles. I swear.... HITT & walking.... holy magoly.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    HASfit 10 minute trainer workouts. These 10 minute trainer workouts are free so they are cheaper than Beachbody's 10 minute trainer workouts.
    Search for them on YouTube.com "Hasfit"
  • Acelarsen
    Acelarsen Posts: 1
    I have to agree with all the Shred fans, its really is fast and it just feels like it goes by quick too. I did find this amazing little workout though online. Its only 4 minutes and I doubted its effectiveness but its a pretty challenging 4 minutes if you are REALLY strapped for time. You will start to sweat though so i wouldn't make it an office workout over lunch, lol . Hope this helps
    http://eatright-staybright.tumblr.com/post/7188718242/worlds-fastest-workout-burns-as-many
  • plumptastic
    plumptastic Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll give 30 Day Shred a go - everyone recommends it and the reviews online are great. I didn't realise it was such a short workout - hopefully I can squeeze 1/2hr in somewhere!