High protein diets - samples please!

Options
I am always at least 100g short on my high protein diet. Now, I know the foods that are high protein, so I'm not looking for a list of - try lean chicken, tuna, beans.... I'm looking for some actual samples of daily logs to see what people are actually eating over the course of the day to reach their goals. Anyone on P90x diet portion plan especially welcome. Please cut and paste diary or mention if yours is public.

Also, if you have an idea of how much per day you are spending to eat like you are - that is helpful too. I range usually $3-5 a day average sometimes as much as $6-7 once or twice a week. There's not a ton of flexibility in that.

Replies

• tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    It is a struggle to get to the protein amounts that the P90X diet plan recommends. My strategy is to use (or get close to using) their recommended ratios. They are:
    - Phase 1 - 50 Pro/30 Carb/20 Fat
    - Phase 2 - 40/40/20
    - Phase 3 - 20/60/20

I plug those ratios into MFP's custom settings and measure my progress. Granted, I'm not exact but I come fairly close. My norm is to end up a little short on protein.

Take a look at my food diary to see my diets (open to friends). I just started Phase 3 so I'm in the easier part of the plan now.
  • llocke5
    llocke5 Posts: 9
    Options
    tharrop - If you don't mind sharing, how do you change or customize your Carb/Protein/Fat ratios on MFP? :smile:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I am not in the excercise system that you mentioned in your blog, but a way to increase my daily protein is having a protein smoothie during the day.
    I just got a new protein powder with 25 grm of protein per scoop, and I add plain non fat yoghourt too. I also have some low fat or nonfat cottage cheese for snacks or even desert. For breakfast I use Kashi Go Lean high protein cereal. It has 13 grams per cup.
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine, i aim for around 100g a day.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    tharrop - If you don't mind sharing, how do you change or customize your Carb/Protein/Fat ratios on MFP? :smile:

Sure. You go to Home - Goals - Change Goals, then select the Custom option. You can then change all kinds of things, among them the macronutrients (Protein, Carb, & Fat) percentages.
  • frabjak
    frabjak Posts: 16
    Options
    My trainer has me at 1800 calories a day, 216 g of carbs, 34 g of fat and 157 g of protien. That's what I aim for (except on my day of rest). I forgot to log this Wed and Tuesday night, but feel free to browse my diary.