Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Options
HIya,

I'm newish to the app and the site and exercise in general :) I used to work out and cycle regularly then I got pregnant and the rest is very lazy history.

Just a quick question for anyone who logs their exercise and does the Jillian MIchaels dvd 30 Day Shred - what do you log the exercise as?

Many thanks :)

Dee

Replies

• rshcraig
    rshcraig Posts: 53
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and manually enter it but I checked under circuit training general and it was kind of close to what my hrm said... 465 on the monitor usually (or something within 10 cals) and circuit training says like 504. So if you use that just remember its probably over a bit.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow is it really that many calories that you burn? I wonder if it depends on what week you do and your current weight cause yes it kicks my butt but I dont feel like I burn that many calories. I don't keep track of my calories that I burn. I like to do this video when I am short on time and can't make it to the gym. This info is good to know, thank you for this post
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm with rshcraig... I got a heart rate monitor, and created my own exercise to track calories burned... I could tell when I wasn't that focussed and putting effort into a days routine - the calories burned was significantly less. It kept me on the straight and narrow.
  • rshcraig
    Options
    Wow is it really that many calories that you burn? I wonder if it depends on what week you do and your current weight cause yes it kicks my butt but I dont feel like I burn that many calories. I don't keep track of my calories that I burn. I like to do this video when I am short on time and can't make it to the gym. This info is good to know, thank you for this post

I'm 307lbs... I'm sure that affects the large number of calories burned on mine.
  • rahgoddess
    rahgoddess Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, might have to invest in a monitor :)
  • rshcraig
    Options
    Thanks guys, might have to invest in a monitor :)

You wont regret it :) My favorite part of my HRM is the fact that I'm always looking for new exercises (aka exercising more) so that I can see how many calories I burn. It keeps me active and gives me exercise goals.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Before I had my HRM I would log it as circuit training, that would say around 270 calories burned. Now that I use a HRM and manually enter it for week 3 I burn about 225. So circuit training was close.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Before I had my HRM I would log it as circuit training, that would say around 270 calories burned. Now that I use a HRM and manually enter it for week 3 I burn about 225. So circuit training was close.

Agreed. I'd log as circuit training since you dont have a HRM. They really can be great. I have one but I don't really use it anymore.. It frankly got on my nerves wearing the chest strap & I don't eat my exercise calories so it ended up being pointless for me.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm anal and like to know exactly what I did and how many calories I burned.

I create a new exercise and name it specifically what I did ie: 30 Day Shred - Level 1
    using my HRM, I put in my calories burned. I usually only had 160-170 calories doing level 1

I don't usually put in 'circuit training' because I like to look back and see at what point was I doing what and losing weight
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm anal and like to know exactly what I did and how many calories I burned.

I create a new exercise and name it specifically what I did ie: 30 Day Shred - Level 1
    using my HRM, I put in my calories burned. I usually only had 160-170 calories doing level 1

I don't usually put in 'circuit training' because I like to look back and see at what point was I doing what and losing weight

Thank you for this!