Food Ideas For Work, Quick Eating

Options
I don't get much time for lunch and most of my meals are on the go. What do you guys recommend.

I've got some of the microwavable steamer bags for vegetables. Some zucchini and squash make a great snack or lunch. I've also got some of the meal ready packs of tuna, and brown/wild rice.

I'm always up for something new to try out.

I'm allergic to peanuts, so that's a deal breaker!

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    What about making extra dinner and take that for lunch? A quick bout in the microwave and you're good to go.

Or a salad... mixed greens, chopped chicken/turkey/any other meat, and some dressing and you have a great meal that is quick.

Bake some chicken breast one day a week. Slice it up or shred it and pop it on a wrap with some salad greens. Quick and easy and quick to eat.

Preplanning is definitely the key. I like to spend a day every few weeks doing nothing but cooking. I than freeze the meals for quick grab and go meals.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
  • stephaniefiteni
    stephaniefiteni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy when it comes to cooking sometimes, but I snack ALOT. Here is some tips:

1. .Preplanning meals and snacks - pop them in microwave when your at work.
    2. Tuna cans - so many different flavours to try
    3. Celery, fennel and cucumber for low cal (sometimes I make a salad out of these with lemon and literally eat a HUGE bowl)
    4. Jelly lie - contains 0 carbs sugar and fats, you can have 500ML with about 80 calories max. Once again, many flavours!
    5. Almonds - good fats (You can also buy natural almond spread if you want to have it with rice-cakes as suggested below).
    6. Sun-rice rice cakes (original) these are very low cal, 2 slices only has 23CAL. Plus theres heaps of other flavours to try too.
    7. Chewies - once again many different flavours to try especially by EXTRA ''Dessert Delights'' mint ice cream, strawberry short take, etc - very little calories and taste a lot like the real thing
    8. Mandarins - I find peeling them and eating one section at a time, time consuming but efficient for not eating a whole bunch of food at once if your hungry and wanting to ' eat more food with the same or less calories '
    9. Coke zero - some what fills me, but I guess not ideal to have frequently
    10. Goji berries - these have sugar and carb levels but there are health benefits you can search up on bodybuilding.com

P.s. Feel free to check my food diary for ideas, I change my eating around all the time.