back after a bad year

Options
And I'm ready to get back on the mfp bandwagon - there's an extra few pounds to shift to boot but I'm determined to succeed this time! So far so good, I have switched from drinking ribena and snacking on choccies at work, with rooks baked yymmies for lunch, to water, peppermint tea and salad instead, I'm staying in my calorie allowance... Now I just need to find the time and energy to start exercising :).

Of course, tonight it goes out the window as I'm going out for dinner at tgi Fridays, but it's a one-off so I won't let it get me down!

I'd love it if some of the friends I have lost in my absence would come cheer me on once more!

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, we missed you! :flowerforyou:
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It has been my experience that if I do not get up and work out first thing, I may have an issue getting my workout in. It was not easy. I spent almost 3 months just getting up early without working out. But I found that once I started it just kind of rolls. I was up at 4:55am this morning for my 5 am lifting....which started at 5:15am instead of 5 am because I slept until 4:55.......but I got it in :)

That is my experience. Whatever time of day you decide on, you have to clear that time and make sure everyone knows that is your time.

That said, weight loss alone is the basic caloric intake vs output....but you know that.

Glad to see you back. Get at it!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow you have more motivation than me that's for sure, I can just about handle treading water on the fine line that is a full time job, part time work and an educational course, once that's all done for a day I can just about see to my dogs and fall asleep lol! Though I am gonna try a zumba session in a bit to counter tonights stuffing session!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So very happy to see you back and looking toward a bright future!