I don't snore anymore!!

Options
I've been heavy my whole life: chunky kid straight into morbidly-obese teen. My heaviest was the day I gave birth to my first child: 303 lb. I've never told anybody that, not even my husband. During that pregnancy (she'll be 9 next month) I started to snore...horribly. My husband is a light sleeper and eventually we began sleeping in separate rooms so that he could get a decent night's sleep. Last year I finally went to an ENT, had a sleep study, etc. They told me that I had very, very mild apnea that would go away if I lost weight. At that time I had already lost down to roughly 255-260 with no improvement and I just gave up hope that it would ever get better.

Ha! So Saturday I hit 207.6 lb. And I don't snore anymore. There are so many great things that go along with getting healthier, but I guess because I'd given up hope on this one thing ever improving...I'm so dang excited about this NSV!

Replies

• LovinMeDaily
    Options
    This is awesome. You give me hope! Thanks for sharing and congrats to you!!!!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    That's exciting! Good for you! It is a great victory! Especially for the light sleepers! :) I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your weight loss as well! :)
  • DuckDuckLose
    DuckDuckLose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Congratulations!! It's amazing what a difference it makes. Hurrah! :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    Hey..that is great! what a sure sign that you are on the right path.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I totallly agree. I'm down 32 and my snoring has stopped as well. And BP from 140/90 to 110/69. It's amazing what changes happen when our bodies get to a heatlhy place!!!
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Y'all are so sweet, thanks! When you have SO MUCH to lose, it's easy to get discouraged and lose sight of the good stuff that's happening along the way. I think one of my favorite things about MFP is reading other people's NSV's. It reminds me that I have those too.

And writing this today reminded me that, although my ticker says 40-ish pounds lost, I've actually lost nearly 100 lbs. from my highest weight and 50 lbs. since the birth of my last baby. I don't give myself enough credit for that.
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I totallly agree. I'm down 32 and my snoring has stopped as well. And BP from 140/90 to 110/69. It's amazing what changes happen when our bodies get to a heatlhy place!!!

That's fantastic!!
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My hubby has started working out, I hope the same happens to him (for us!) Congrats to you!
  • slimforparis
    slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is great news - congratulations!!!

I am now going to attempt to 'subtly' show this thread to my beloved in the hope that maybe sometime in the future I might get to lose the earplugs.....wish me luck....
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    That is great! I snore and I'm so embarrassed by it :( I know mine is caused by weight gain over the years and I hope to be where you are someday! :) awesome job!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened for my husband. He wasn't even overweight by medical standards, but after he dropped 20 pounds his snoring went away completely.
  • MrsMck22
    MrsMck22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can totally relate to this. I've been married a year and sleep in separate beds because of my snoring. Hopefully losing weight will get rid of my snoring too!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Only thing that makes my blood boil SNORING!!!
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That is awesome great job!! I don't snore now either after losing 37 pounds...I feel great too..
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased for you. This is such a visible achievement regarding weight loss.

In our family we are experiencing the opposite. My brother-in-law has slowly become fatter and fatter, so that I now try to manoeuvre life to make sure he doesn't sleep at our house on a school night - it disturbs all of us :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!