Can I get a WOO HOO?!? :-)

Options
So I'm like really, really excited (and I just can't hide it... cheesy, I know :-) and I wanted to share with ya'll.

Tonight in my body works class (that's the twice a week toning & sculpting class I take), our instructor had us do push ups using hand weights as leverage. She demonstrated an actual full push up but most people went to their knees to do the standard "girly" push ups, as is what I would normally do.

Since I was holding my body up on the hand weights, I got brave and decided to try the normal pushups. Never done those before, I was always too embarrassed to even try. But guess what? I DID THEM!!!! BOTH sets of 10 push ups.... NOT the girly on- my- knees push ups but the real push ups! I'm so flippin proud of myself! Like this is HUGE for me.

But wait! That's not all.....

So we had to do side planks again. But not just the regular side planks. Oh no, normal side planks aren't what Jackie wanted us to do. She wanted to make these harder. She wanted us to do the tough girl side planks. Not only were we holding our bodies up on our forearms, but had to do shoulder raises WITH hand weights....WHAT? HUH?? YEAH...that's exactly what I was thinking. So as she's counting, I'm praying & begging to whoever will listen that she won't make us do an ungodly amount, like 20 or 30. I mean, we still had to do the OTHER side too. Anyway, after we finished -- it was just 10... yay!-- the first set of side planks with weights, Jackie made eye contact with me and said, "Good job!".

It was such a huge compliment and an even bigger validation for me! I felt like a million bucks. I really did feel like I was walking on sunshine. My genetically blessed, tough as nails, Argentinian hottie instructor made it a point to look directly at me and tell me "Good job!" It really hit home that I HAVE come a LONG way. Not just by the numbers. Ok, 108 lbs lost. Several pants/dresses/sizes lost. Numerous inches lost .... yeah... BUH-BYE old me.

But now I KNOW I have made physical and strength improvements as well. Isn't that the icing on the cake?

Replies

• spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    woo hoo!!!!:drinker:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!! Push-ups are my kryptonite.

Phenomenal changes and progress -- thank you sincerely for the inspiration!!
  • mariposadedios
    Options
    That is so awesome!! What a great feeling!! These are the kinds of things I am looking forward to so this was an encouragement to me!!

My husband and I have been yo-yoing with our weight and finally started to take it seriously and joined a gym and got a trainer, we've been meeting with the trainer and going to the gym for about 2 weeks now, and I sometimes get discouraged because I can't do things I think I should be able to or might want to. Today I was able to hold myself in a plank position for the amount of time my trainer said to, which I wasn't able to do before, and it felt great. It helped me realize that even though I might not be where I want to be, I can improve myself if I work at it.

Your story is a great reminder of this, and a coincidence since I just got back from the gym thinking about it! :)

Great work and keep it up!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo great job :laugh: im so fat its going to be a while before i work up to the big girl pushups but i"m trying:sad:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Lisa, that's awesome!!! Push ups with weights are a bit easier. I can never get the angle right without them and end up feeling so much tension in my wrists. I'm afraid I'll screw something up 'cause I'm doing them wrong so I just don't do them!!! Good for you, hon!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    WOW!! that is soooo great!! i don't think i will ever be able to do "normal" pushups so great job!! your hard work is payin off girlfriend! keep it up! :)
    WOO HOO!!!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    woo- hooo!!!!
    You go girl!!!
    :)
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    heck ya...you can have a WHOOO HOOOOOO!
    Way to go :-)
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    WOO HOO!! I AM REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU! MAYBE NEXT YEAR YOU'LL BE TEACHING THE CLASS?!:bigsmile:
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO! :drinker: Go girl!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! :drinker: :drinker: I know just the feeling of accomplishment to finally do "real" pushups! YAY for you!! :flowerforyou: Even better that the instructor noticed it. You are doing great!
  • aaliyahbellydancer
    Options
    Woo Hooooooooooo!!!!!! your a legend!!!!!!!

you are doing an amazing job and rightfully proud of yourself

fingers crossed that i can get there too xxxx
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration!!!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration!!!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Kick but girl! Right on! WTG!!!!
  • Mary_Burris
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WooooooooHoooooooooooo!!! So excited for you!! I know you've GOT to feel GREAT about your progress!! Congrats!