Strength or cardio- what will help during the apocalypse?

Options
Mutant13
Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
We've debated what burns more calories, what makes you more conductive to other people bashing their genitals against yours, and what is better for your health.

Now lets talk about the important stuff. What will help you more when the zombies/aliens/sentient teacup pigs come? Do you want a lifter or a runner on your team after the end? Discuss

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'd take the lifter, runner would be the selfish one leaving the pack and running ahead. The lifter will be able to help lift things and hopefully be able to fight.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    'The lifter will be able to lift things'

Agreed
  • Mutant13
    Options
    And damn those selfish cardioites!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    And damn those selfish cardioites!

And they always eff up and end up running into a pack of zombies
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    For any sucessful apocalpse survival team you will need both. The lifter can help with the graft or setting up your base, creating new civilisation etc. However, you will need the sprinter for foraging, rescue and liberation missions, especially early on.

Moral of the story both cardio and strength have their place - both now and after the zombocalpse. :wink:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Trail runner for scouting ahead or fetching help, lifter to help lift things.

Also, the lifter has more lean meat on him so as a last resort... :D
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Yes, but where does Zumba fit in here?
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Scare the aliens/zombie pig-men off? Something like that dance the all blacks rugby team do before a game?? That's what Zumba reminds me of anyway.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    where can i find a teacup pig? sounds like a good birthday present for when i have to ask strangers on the internet what a good present for my husband is....
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Defintely runners - the fast will survive, not necessarily the physically strong.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Remember Rule #1: Cardio. ;)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    distract the zombies, duh
    tumblr_mceklyO26x1rurv44.gif
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options

distract the zombies.......... :p
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Cardio. This is what I've been training for. Zombies go for the person who is last.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    zombieland-rule-1.jpg
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lift and run, so hoping that will keep me ahead of the pack. Happy to hang around with zumba fans, I can feed these to the zombies.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Zumba is a martial art hidden within dance. Every member of your team, therefore, should be trained in Zumba. It also acts as a bit of entertainment during downtime. Everyone should therefore also be trained in drums and singing. So they will all be ready to entertain and fight in equal measure. Or was it Capoeira?
  • DonnieFoozball
    DonnieFoozball Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So, I love to play devil's advocate, and this seems foolish enough to play along:

In the coming apocalypse, with the food shortages and the need to hide (remain still) for long periods of time, it is the fat and lazy that will have the advantage. They bring their own food reserves with them, and typically (Yes I know this is not always the case) have a lower metabolism (burning less/requiring less sustenance on a daily basis).

So, paradoxically, I was in better shape (survival wise), six months ago! But the least I can do now, is make myself a tough, stringy, and chewy meal, rather than a tender juicy feast.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    distract the zombies, duh
    tumblr_mceklyO26x1rurv44.gif

I admire your gif usage
  • nauner
    nauner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Balance I would think. In the military they built up our strength and also had some cardio endurance in the mix. Didnt need the large packed on muscle, but you got strong just doing daily actiities. Being able to move at a good pace over long distance with a large pack, and other gear requires both strength and cardio. Although in the movies... seems the military folks are the ones who get taken first and its usually because they are trying to help save someone who cant run or lift.