Going to try P90X for the third time!

jreese5226
jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok. So I think I have decided to try P90X for the third time. I've made it through Round 1 each of the previous times but then seem to fall off the wagon during the recovery week, to only end up quitting. (I usually weigh myself then and get really disappointed with the results on the scale.) I keep convincing myself that the time committment is what is keeping me from pushing through. Yesterday watching TV for 2 hours, I realized that time was definitely something I had plenty of. For whatever reason, what I lacked, was motivation. I like the workouts, I like the feeling after having worked out, but 3 weeks going into the 4th week has always been my limit. But I am thinking that I am prepared to try it again. If anyone else has struggled with consistently pushing play, please feel free to offer any pointers on how to get over that hurdle.

Replies

• kdj1224
    kdj1224 Posts: 11
    I feel your pain with the P90x my significant other had started it, then he would stop, then he would start again. It seems like it is such a demanding work out that sometimes you would rather do other things. I personally could not do p90x lol I am a sissy. The best thing I can recommend that I saw that helped him was to A) have a set time that you will do your workouts and commit to it. the 2nd thing that helped him stick to it was to have a workout buddy as motivation. The only downfall to that is if the other person gets discouraged it can bring you down. Good luck with P90x I wish you the best of luck.
  • I tried his first program about 4 years ago and if you are someone that can get addicted to it, maybe it will work. Personally, too much work and boring to stay inside. I took up road cycling (as well as cycling while pulling my 2 year old in a trailer down the nearby trail). I can burn up to 1200 calories in 2 hours while seeing great scenery and interacting with my community. And you don't even realize your working out! Before joining here to track my calories once again (I am at a plateau) I went from 235 (after giving birth) to 190 doing something fun! Cycling has been the only exercise I have stuck with consistently. If you want abs, then you'll have to do some core after cycling. Otherwise, cycling leans down the whole body very nicely. Personally, I'd try this before Tony's programs. But that is just me. I hope you all the success!!

Started cycling only 1 mile before getting winded, now I cycle up to 40 up and over mountains! Bicycling is very good for us women as well as it leans down the legs from hip to calf! You will build some muscle so it will look like you gained weight until more fat comes off.
This discussion has been closed.