Strength or cardio- what will help during the apocalypse?

Options

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Bump Preparing weapons whilst considering who to eat.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    The answer is "yes" and, and don't forget to pack your redneck with a crossbow.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Trail runner for scouting ahead or fetching help, lifter to help lift things.

Also, the lifter has more lean meat on him so as a last resort... :D

This just enforces the reason to do lifting and cardio...it all makes sense now..
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Crossbow redneck will be kept in my bedchamber
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    The real answer is cardio with strength being important, but a large body mass being unsustainable. There won't be sufficient food to support a muscular body and running will be more important to be able to hunt and escape from danger. At some point it will be either learn to hunt effectively or die.

Speaking of which, anyone else enjoying the new shoe "Naked and Afraid?"
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with a little of both. Cardio really is the obvious choice, but you also have to consider that you MAY have to wrestle or fight for food.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm now thinking... rock climber. Can zombies climb? I guess if I were zombified, I'd be able to climb. :devil:
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    According to zombie land cardio!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    On my team I want some lifters.

I'll stick to being the runner. You know, that way when the zombie hoard comes though I'll be miles away and I'll come back the the fortress the "picking stuff up fodder" built.

Rarely do you see a huge muscle guy surviving in a movie, with possibly the exception on pitch black, but he was a douche, so I mean fast douche would be the best.

tumblr_lxjmsjxQl11qkpj04o1_500.gif
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    As bad as I hate to say it...cardio, hands down.

The keys to survival in that kind of situation are to keep moving, and to preserve resources. Muscle mass/strength will be nearly impossible to preserve. Endurance is the way to go.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I wnat both on my team!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Yep, BOTH! You gotta be strong with endurance! So's you can RUN & FIGHT for scraps of food! Any pilfering skillz would also be good. Survival of the FITTEST.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I want a couple of Prancercisers on my team. You know. For laughter.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'd go with cardio, assuming zombies can't run fast/much/hard.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think its up to the zombies,which kind are we dealing with?
    the kind that shuffle around...then I would want strength
    runners....then you will for sure need cardio endurance
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    And what's all this team business? In that situation, a team is harder to conceal, consumes far too many resources, and adds the factor of competing egos, which only slows you down more, further decreasing your chances of survival. (Yes I am fully aware that I seriously need some more hobbies.)
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Real zombies. Every day they shuffling
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A decent gun and good aim.

That is all.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    True.

e714_zombie_chart.jpg
  • Mutant13
    Options
    And what's all this team business? In that situation, a team is harder to conceal, consumes far too many resources, and adds the factor of competing egos, which only slows you down more, further decreasing your chances of survival. (Yes I am fully aware that I seriously need some more hobbies.)

Zombie survival guide recommends small groups, it means a larger pool of skills and resources, and more people to allocate to jobs that need to be completed. Also you can use the ugly ones as bait