Back again and need lots of help

msrn8143
msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
Hello everyone,
I am back to MFP for the umpteenth time and need some friends for encouragement and accountability. I will be turning 50 this year, have high blood pressure, heart disease, am pre-diabetic, and have chronic fatigue syndrome. I have now learned I am an emotional eater so with all the health issues which trigger depression, I have gained a lot of weight. I also have a non-healing stress fracture of my left tibia so exercise is limited.
I am committed to losing at least 50 pounds over the next 6-8 months but I desperately need someone to hold me accountable. I would also welcome any tips you have to offer. :wink:

Replies

• :smile:
    Hi There,
    Dont worry, you will lose that weight no problem! Just get back on that saddle and start ....and each day will get better! i've been a T1 diabetic for 23 years.....so if you have been pre-warned as just a borderline, than thank your lucky stars that you have an option to change all of that....by changing your lifestyle. If exercise is limited due to your injury, start with your diet....diet is 70% of weight loss as I have been told, some says it's 80/20....but I have mostly heard 70/30....so your dietary changes alone can help... Just assess what types of exercise you can do and anything you can do willl be a bonus.
    Good luck, and we are all here if you need us for support or motivation. Feel free to add me! Best of luck, .....you won't need it, because it sounds like to me that you will do this!!!
    Raj
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    I agree, diet is definitely majority of weight loss.

As a mate of mine said: "At the end of the day, it's what you put in your gob that counts"
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Wishing you all the best!! I am in the same boat with a bad hip it makes exercising hard to do!! add me and I will be a positive supporter! :flowerforyou:
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    I agree, diet is definitely majority of weight loss.

As a mate of mine said: "At the end of the day, it's what you put in your gob that counts"

Deffo agree - I have not upped my activity levels at all so far - that is the next goal now I feel so much better - so have lost my 52lb purely by diet. I now feel able to look at exercise less scared about what effects it will have on me - I suffer from fybromyalgia and asthma.

so making a start on just looking at what you are eating is a massive step forward - one that you should be proud of taking.
  • cosuop
    cosuop Posts: 2
    We can definitely overcome this obstacle.....we say to this mountain...MOVE!
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Thanks everyone. I've tried to convince myself I am fine with where I am but enough lying to myself. I'm not fine with how I look, how I feel, or how my health is suffering. Granted most of my issues are hereditary but I'm certainly not helping.
    One of my best attributes is my determination and strength so when I decide to do something, failure isn't an option. :glasses:
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Hi there,

I started off not exercising much at all. I just started walking, and I could only do about 5 minutes initially. I have had some issues with my hip and knee, so sometimes I am not as active as I would hope to be. It's really been mostly about what I do and do not eat, so I know that anyone can be successful! At this point I am off all blood pressure meds, no longer have sleep apnea and bloodwork is great. I log everyday and would be happy to cheer you on!

Kat